• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plopsaland De Panne General Discussion

A decent 50% off offer if anyone is planning a visit before 15th July 2023

Has anyone ever tried the “name your own price/discount?” What kinds of discount do they give?

I can’t get the above 50 percent code to work!

Has anyone ever tried the “name your own price/discount?” What kinds of discount do they give?

I did try that “name you own price” offer on the website, but it only gives up to a certain amount off and I found that I could get tickets for a better price on the discount sites Groupon.De and Tripper NL.

Definately works. I purchased two tickets yesterday.

It will be my first visit. Unfortunately I’m going over one of the May bank holiday weekends, so expect it to be busy.

From reading reviews of the park my first take is that many complain about the price of food and drinks. Can you smuggle your own in?

Definately works. I purchased two tickets yesterday.

It will be my first visit. Unfortunately I’m going over one of the May bank holiday weekends, so expect it to be busy.

From reading reviews of the park my first take is that many complain about the price of food and drinks. Can you smuggle your own in?

Absolutely, I just took a backpack with me that had my drinks and snacks in, it’s not like Pleasure Beach where they threaten to confiscate stuff. There’s a Lidl in the town of De Panne if you want stock up.

There’s also a supermarket just next door to the waterpark which I usually go to before going to the park.

They don’t have bag checks anymore anyway so can take what ever food you want it.

You’ll find the price of a bottle of coke is the same as a beer on park 😂

I thought it was pretty poor the other week actually.

Ride openings are staggered to a ridiculous extent. Much of the park doesn't open until 1pm even on moderately busy days. Heidi is the only decent ride to open with the park and was on one train so immediately had a queue over 60 minutes.

Rides on minimal capacity and all running with one staff member.

Ride to Happiness and Heidi aren't bad rides but it's not a great park overall. I was expecting something akin to Paultons with a couple of thrill coasters but it lags well behind.

Yeah operations are generally pretty poor, we managed OK last summer as we were aware Heidi gets disproportionate waits so we headed there straight away and then waited for Supersplash to open, both hit 90min not long after we rode. A lot of the rides are significantly under capacity for the number of guests they get (Paulton's coasters are in the same ballpark on the whole but their guest numbers are lower so it's less of an issue)

That said, it helps that the only coasters any of us might consider doing more than once are the ones that usually have the shortest waits.

What sort of attendance are they doing these days ? I've been once and it was ok.

The creds were definitely staggered, Heidi at 10, RTH at half past, Dragen around Midday, #LikeMe and Anubis unsure as didn't do them until later. K3 Rollerskater has no train, no idea how they're broken a Vekoma Junior that much.

I’m visiting this time next week. Not liking this queue talk! But expected it to be busy on a bank holiday Saturday.

Wonder what's happened to the operations as it certainly wasn't that bad before.

Internal problems maybe?

What sort of attendance are they doing these days ? I've been once and it was ok.
I did my own research as I was curious ... According to numbers on the internet ...

In 2017 (when Heidi debuted) they were doing 1.3m. In 2022, the year after RTH, they did 1.4m, which makes it the most visited park in Belgium.

Queues at Plopsaland are largely a misery. I quite enjoy Plops Wood for instance, but the queue line with its seemingly infinite cattlepen, overall gloominess, terrible throughput and cavernous acoustics with screaming kids make it horrific.

Fortunately, it’s a park now I’d happily get a discounted ticket for, nip in, do a handful of rides on RTH and then leave.