• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Poor York dungeon/new Berlin dungeon.

Yes I do as every Merlin thing that is closest to me is about 90 mins, if I can get that down to 45 that would be nice. Plus the Galleries of Justice could do with a spruce up.

There would be no point adding much extra flood protection to the dungeon, areas of York near the river flood quite regularly so the places that are at risk already have protection, the dungeon is quite far up in the grand scheme of things, this really was quite freak flooding to affect buildings as far as the Dungeons.

Having lived in York, I have to say that I loved the old York dungeons. They were great fun and was an excellent way to spend an hour or so.

I didn't realise the floods were quite so bad this year, whilst the dungeons is only a short distance from the river, it is up quite a big hill, so I am surprised they were affected so badly!

Ah well, hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things for them!

:) :)

Poor York dungeon/new Berlin dungeon.

In rather unfortunate news, it appears the York Dungeon flooded again(!) in January.

Opening has been delayed till 29th March at the earliest as a result...

Moving it away from a river that floods regularly for a start would help. :p

I hear there's the perfect venue just become available in London...

But then it's not the York Dungeon, maybe inproving flood defenses would be another good thing?

They might as well just chuck some fish in and rebrand it as a Sea Life centre at this rate....

Fingers crossed I hope to be paying a visit to here this weekend, so I'll stick a report in when I'm back :)