• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Potential New Universal UK Park

It's not like they have experience at rebranding and retrofitting a park either, especially one in the European market or Spain... Oh. Wait.

1000018026.jpg

Universal were owned by a different company back then and had a much different philosophy. The current Universal really only came to be because of the Wizarding World and GE selling to Comcast, the PA rebrand precedes that by a good few years.

It's why I facepalm when I see people try and compare Universal doing UGB with the failed attempt of Universal Studios London in the early 90's... The company and it's philosophy is not the same as it was back in 1990.

And, they've finally realised how many fairly well-off people from the United Kingdom come to their parks and realise there would probably be a massive domestic British appetite for it without having to pay £15-£20k a family trip. Would have thought Uncle Walt would have woken up to this one before Universal.

And, they've finally realised how many fairly well-off people from the United Kingdom come to their parks and realise there would probably be a massive domestic British appetite for it without having to pay £15-£20k a family trip. Would have thought Uncle Walt would have woken up to this one before Universal.

I wonder what percentage of Disneyland Paris visitors are British.

Pokemon would be incredible, it’s been mainstream for well over 20 years so would appeal to all ages, the variety of pokemon (and areas) would lend itself to all manner of different attractions/rides, and they could do some incredible theming. Would love a whole Pokémon theme park not just one area!
Why not a park entirely themed to anime? One Piece, Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach... I know it'll never happen but one can dream

Not DLP, but I remember hearing years ago that one of the Florida parks (Sea World Orlando, I believe) had about 15-20% of their tourists from the United Kingdom. So the UK market is pretty sizeable...
Back in the late 90s and 2000s it was a great time to visit Florida. The exchange rate was good and park tickets were still sensibly priced. Now the exchange rate is terrible and park prices are getting very expensive, especially Disney.

I do wonder what the figures look like today in terms of visitors from the UK when compared to back then

A news letter has been sent out to Lidlington Parsish Council with these things highlighted.

- Hotel onsite is expected to have 500 rooms
- City Walk will have 4 original restaurants (Toothsome perhaps?)
- A final decision wether to proceed is expected by June 2024

I literally cannot hold my excitement!

A news letter has been sent out to Lidlington Parsish Council with these things highlighted.

- Hotel onsite is expected to have 500 rooms
- City Walk will have 4 original restaurants (Toothsome perhaps?)
- A final decision wether to proceed is expected by June 2024

I literally cannot hold my excitement!

Interesting that they are planning for 500 rooms at opening. This is less than Alton Towers current 700.

Given that guest numbers are expected to be higher than Alton Towers I would have thought they could start with more.

But best to start smaller and grow from there I suppose, instead of over building and paying the price as DLP did back in the 90s.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is a must given that Bedford is known for its dish called “chocolate toothpaste”.

The fact that Universal served chocolate toothpaste at their consultation says a lot I feel; in that they are understanding and care about the local history. Also could be a subtle hint.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is a must given that Bedford is known for its dish called “chocolate toothpaste”.

The fact that Universal served chocolate toothpaste at their consultation says a lot I feel; in that they are understanding and care about the local history. Also could be a subtle hint.

I just thought that was a typo when someone here mentioned having “chocolate toothpaste” at the consultation, had no idea that it was a real thing!

I just thought that was a typo when someone here mentioned having “chocolate toothpaste” at the consultation, had no idea that it was a real thing!

Yep it's a type of tart!

Mobile Logo

Chocolate Toothpaste

CHOCOLATE TOOTHPASTE​

£1.10 – £1.50
Chocolate Toothpaste tart. Classic Bedford sweet pastry filled with chocolate toothpaste cream, a buttercream rosette and sprinked with chocolate hundreds and thousands.

Chocolate toothpaste tart.
Bedford is famous for many things; John Bunyan, the Charles Wells brewery, the River Ouse, Ronnie Barker, Paula Radcliffe and Italians.
But perhaps no Bedford creation is more unique than Chocolate Toothpaste.
Our recipe consists of only the best ingredients.

IT IS NOT ACTUALLY TOOTHPASTE!​

If you have never been to Bedford, there is a good chance you won’t even know what Chocolate Toothpaste is.
Indeed, you will most likely be mistaken for believing it is one of those flavoured toothpastes you clean your teeth with and not something to eat.

WHAT IS CHOCOLATE TOOTHPASTE FROM BEDFORD?​

Chocolate Toothpaste is a classic Bedfordshire sweet pastry filled with a mousse-like cream, a buttercream rosette and sprinked with chocolate hundreds and thousands.

More fuel to the fire.. this could be absolutely nothing though and a genuine error.

When Universal were doing presentations they repeatedly referred to it as “when we build this” and quickly corrected themselves to “if we build this” now obviously this could have been a genuine error as we’re only human but more food for thought non the less!

And by no means am I saying Universal is corrupt in anyway far from it! But if universal really wanted this to happen I’m sure they wouldn’t be the first company to throw money at the project to make problems “go away” if any arose. Especially to the government and so on.

I genuinely think that universal already know what they want to put in and have some idea of lands, concepts and so forth with IPs.

I’m going to hazard a guess that Harry Potter or even fantastic beats franchise will make an appearance but not as we’ll know it. Before we jump on the wagon about the HP studio tour this would be completely different as it’s rides and the studio tour is well, a tour.

For some reason I’m imaging that they will be something like the forbidden Forrest or a different location based on the books/films so it’s not a carbon copy as such.

Universal Monsters I reckon could have an appearance because let’s face it, we all love horror and classic films!

I genuinely still believe universal is further ahead of this than we actually believe and that they are letting on. Exciting times!

Let's be honest, if Universal genuinely want to build this and throw a lot of money at the project, creating loads of jobs and money for the local economy, it's going to happen. The council will want it, and the government will want it. A few nimbys aren't going to get in the way of this project. Especially in the current climate when the country is begging for anything to prop up the economy. Anyone getting in the way of this project will just get steam-rollered by the big boys at the end of the day. The only thing stopping this would be if Universal decided to change their minds.