• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Proud to be weird! (And why I end up in so many arguments).

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
I am proud to be weird. I am proud to be confrontational (er, at the appropriate times though...otherwise I apologise lol!). I am proud to have done so many strange and wonderful, if not stressful things.

Here is a quote from an article, by a man whom is rather well connected, I have only taken the end of the article though to keep it readable.

Weirdos see the world as a blank slate for them to paint their masterpiece. Forget marching to their own drums. They make up their own instruments. Forget thinking outside the box. They don’t see boxes. They see circles and horizons and trapazoids.

Weirdos don’t see anything as impossible. Anything is possible. Just give us enough time.

Weirdos are contrarians. They think differently and act even more differently. Normals try to fit in. Weirdos stick out without really trying.

Weirdos aren’t driven by money. Money is a destination. Weirdos are all about the journey.

Weirdos don’t care what others think. They only care THAT they think and want to change HOW they think.

Weirdos come in all shapes and sizes, colors and countries. And they're not new to the tech industry, or industry in general.

Weirdos thought it made sense to get on the Mayflower from England to settle in a new land.

Weirdos thought we should get rid of slavery.

Weirdos insisted that women should also have a vote.

The world would suck if it weren’t for weirdos.

Instead of trying to get our kids to fit in, we should help them celebrate why they are different.

Let’s start to teach kids to embrace weird. Weird is good.

And let’s not stop until weird is normal.

Michael Lazarow

So rest at ease friends, weirdos and geeks etc - we change the world. ;)

:twirly:

TheMan, I like many of your posts and your relentless energy - for someone who doesn't hold back their thoughts, you are remarkably positive and you've got a good heart. But there's a distinct irony to starting a topic that's dedicated to reminding everyone that you don't care what they think of you.

Plastic Person said:
TheMan, I like many of your posts and your relentless energy - for someone who doesn't hold back their thoughts, you are remarkably positive and you've got a good heart. But there's a distinct irony to starting a topic that's dedicated to reminding everyone that you don't care what they think of you.

Hahaha - yes that may seem a bit contradictory I guess. What happens on here though, and being serious a mo I think gets misunderstood, is that I want to ensure people understand a meaning of something I say. I personally believe that there is a subtle, and sometimes hard balance to strike, between being respectful and mindful of others, and a wanton and brazen attitude to life that actually harms others.

I am proud to be myself, and perfectly happy to change and evolve what that means over time, however I would never change myself based purely on what someone else thinks if that makes sense? Essentially, be proud of who you are, but don't be scared to change what that is - and that need not come to the detriment of others.

Also, and steady now everyone this may come as a shock to you all :twirly: :twirly: - BUT, I'm not perfect... (( :X ))

;)

Being serious again a mo, this is a rather abstract topic to try to put into words, and given my recent total lack of ability to adequately put across my meanings on threads - is something I think I may avoid haha!! ;)

Thanks though Plastic ;D

As for this though...PMSL! ;D

Roger Ramrod said:
TheMan said:
I couldn't disagree more! No really I couldn't. I tried, and the harder I tried to disagree more, I found it was impossible.

Have you got a list of quotes you keep especially to use on me hahahaha?! Cor, I can't get away with anything on here pmsl!! ;)

;D

badlydrawnkelBel said:
I'm actually glad I met you. You are one heck of a guy :p hehe

Aww shucks man, thank you! You said that in public too (are you MAD?!)!! :twirly: :twirly:

;D

Anyway there are many talented people here, and passionate - agree or not, at least people are arsed to have an opinion! Well all but those who create accounts just to pass comment on my posts pahahaha!! Hey, at least it gets them posting right? ;D

Pretty impressive I can annoy someone, that much, they feel the need to join and post to express it hahahahaha.

Sorry, I know it's wrong, but I can't help but find that brilliant.

Anyway yeah, music, art, technology, imagineers, film, teachers, lighting all sorts. There really is an impressive array of talent in this forum - and some far too knowledgeable individuals ;) - who don't always realise just exactly how brilliant they actually are.

If this is weird, I'm in! ;D

No one should ever want to be weird. Nor should any one want to be normal. Just be who you are and if that is weird or normal then so be it.

Never got the whole I'm proud to be different or I'm proud to be weird. Just be who you are, and proud of your accomplishments.

Fredward said:
No one should ever want to be weird. Nor should any one want to be normal. Just be who you are and if that is weird or normal then so be it.

Never got the whole I'm proud to be different or I'm proud to be weird. Just be who you are, and proud of your accomplishments.

I completely agree with that, this thread though is about those who know we are weird ;D

It's not about trying to be weird, it is about being proud to already, quite naturally, be weird.

;D

I'm in agreement with Fredward there, I don't consider myself 'weird', 'random' or 'crazy' because I'm being myself, those are just labels various human beings have given me on a sliding scale of positive - negative in the past! It's a word I imagine people using to perceive others, not perceive themselves :)

Insane people don't know they are insane, they think they are normal, and that it's everyone else who is mad.

... You bunch of loonatics.

You didn't have to tell us, we already knew......

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

*takes team badge off*

Weird? You? Never!!! (Only read the first few lines of your post but I assume you're saying you're weird?)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Ben said:

You are just jealous as I sell cheaper beer in here, and it tastes better as I can be arsed to clean the lines!

You don't stick to my carpets either.