• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PTR: Weymouth Sea-Life tower

Khanage

TS Member
24th June 2012

Whilst on holiday in Weymouth we took a trip up the Weymouth Sea-Life Tower. The tower is a Huss Sky Tower and the only one of it's kind in the UK. It's 165ft tall and the views from the top are fantastic. Here's a few pictures:

IMG_0710.jpg

The tower is visible from many areas of the resort

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

The pod spins through 360 degrees and a tour guide runs through some things on the tannoy.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

magnetwey.jpg

No on ride photos but here's an example of the green screen job that they do as you enter the queueline.

It's a bit steep at £8.10 each but it is definitely worth going on if you're in the area.

Thanks for the pictures, it looks really interesting. Just wondered, would you be able to use an annual pass? Also do you enter through the SEA LIFE, or is it separate?

It's completely separate from the Sea-Life centre. The Sea-Life Park is situated at Lodmoor which is the other end of the bay to the tower. You can visit the tower on it's own or buy a combi ticket for the Sea-Life park as well. There is a road train which runs from the park up the esplanade to the tower. Yes you can use your Merlin Pass for the tower but not during the Olympics.

Ah thank you for your thorough response. I wouldn't mind a trip down there, the only thing putting me off is the petrol from Leicester.

Great pics, cheers. :)

I have to say, what a stupid name! Even by Merlin's standards. Whatever happened to developing their brands (IE the 'Eye' brand). It hardly develops Sea Life as a brand, unless they want observation towers to be a part of their brand - it's not as if you can see marine creatures from the tower. ::)

Tom said:
Great pics, cheers. :)

I have to say, what a stupid name! Even by Merlin's standards. Whatever happened to developing their brands (IE the 'Eye' brand). It hardly develops Sea Life as a brand, unless they want observation towers to be a part of their brand - it's not as if you can see marine creatures from the tower. ::)

Pretty much agreed! The tower itself doesn't seem that appealing an experience - I do wonder if it will be popular once the Olympics are done and dusted. The next few years could be interesting, bearing in mind there are SBNO observation towers in Morecambe, Rhyl and numerous other places in the UK.

Im sure I read before that they wanted someone to sponsor it, as it was on the Merlin site. Im guessing they havnt got anyone yet, so are just calling it Sea Life to do a bit of cross advertising.