• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Qiddiya - The City of Play [General Discussion]

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
I thought it best to start a 'general' topic for Qiddiya, given the amount of ongoing investment and projects that are both known publically and those still under wraps, as well as the ongoing Six Flags development.

1711114088997.png

In addition to the Six Flags park, a newly announced Dragon Ball Z theme park was revealed today; a 500,000-metre project will feature rides and attractions in seven areas inspired by the series, along with hotels and restaurants.

1711114706645.png

Last month the Formula 1 circuit was revealed, with its rainbow road-esque elevated curve:
1711114733015.png

And back in December, the e-sports and gaming district was revealed. This will include multiple IP based indoor attractions with huge names attached set to be revealed in the coming months.

1711114785480.png

Obligatory whats a dragonball z, but my my it looks amazing, almost too amazing. The F1 track looks utterly bonkers, like something from a sci fi film...thus I'll believe it all when I see it all haha.

It's been similar with Football, the Saudi Pro League bought many of the world's top players but half the teams have average attendances below 5000.

There's been a lot of argument in the press whether these are vanity projects, "sports washing" or if they genuinely thought people would come. I think the same applies here.