• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queuelines

Fave. Nemesis or Blivvys quelines.
Worst. G-force drayton manor. Horrible sweatbox that was....

Echo most sentiments above.

Streak has one of the best queues as well

My posts have that many mistakes in them?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky :)

Poison Tom 96 said:

What? Queuing up that claustrophobic ramp and then a cattlepen up and down the station, where you can't see any of the ride?

Oh jesus, G-Force's queue. I'd almost forgotten about that.

What's not to love about aimlessly walking around a dark box, with a Windows 98 screensaver projected on the walls, with repetitive techno that was clearly made by the teenage son of one of the management on his laptop while off college ill, for 90 minutes?

If the teslas worked and the queue was shorter, it'd be ok. But 90 minutes. 90 minutes.

90 minutes.

Alastair said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

What? Queuing up that claustrophobic ramp and then a cattlepen up and down the station, where you can't see any of the ride?

And if the floor is wet then it's nigh on impossible to walk up the ramp without falling over.

Streak's queue is good as you can watch people slide down it :) Nothing else good about it :p

Favourite:

Furious Baco, Portaventura
Probably the only redeeming feature of this ride. I love how the queueline leads up through a vineyard and into well themed building area with barrels and wine bottles. It really does add something to the overall ride experience.

Nemesis, Alton Towers
As John Wardley himself once said:
My philosophy is that you should allow people to enjoy the ride even if they have not got the guts or the will to ride it.
Sums it up quite nicely.

The whole ride layout is visible and weaves under and over the ride area. It's almost interactive.

Oblivion, Alton Towers
Tunnels, lush foliage, weird dystopian contraptions and a host of TV monitors showing videos which play on your fear...what's not to love about Blivvy's queueline?

Stormforce 10, Drayton Manor
Awesome themeing from start to finish. Can't say more than that really.

Least Favourite:

G Force, Drayton Manor
It's a cattlepen with endless steps in what is essentially a metal shed. It's certainly not interesting, and makes the (usually long) wait time drag on forever.

Rita, Alton Towers
A hideous cattlepen system which always seems to double back on itself. The waiting time is always bad, and, like G Force, the queueline does nothing to help keep you entertained.

Also hate colossus! Made me feel like an insane bear! I was rocking by the time I got to the ride!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much every queueline Merlin have built is dire. The Smiler is no exception. I'd rather have Portaventura style switchbacks than these twisting, turning, always-seem-to-be-heading-away-from-the-station mess of a cattle pen. At least in an old fashioned cattlepen you can see how far you have to go.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Wodan
Die Vliegende Hollander
Fluch von Novgorod

In the above order. Beat the pants out of most queues. They're a joy to be in!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DiogoJ42 said:
Pretty much every queueline Merlin have built is dire. The Smiler is no exception. I'd rather have Portaventura style switchbacks than these twisting, turning, always-seem-to-be-heading-away-from-the-station mess of a cattle pen. At least in an old fashioned cattlepen you can see how far you have to go.

And even though with The Swarm they have added quite a lot of theming to the queue line with the faux news reports, music, sound effects, charred wood and a wrecked church building the experience is STILL miserable because ultimately it is still a slow moving and never ending cattlepen.

Just goes to prove.....you can't polish a turd.

The Smiler can kind of be forgiven for the sheer lack of space I think. Even at a reduced capacity though it seemed to keep moving fairly quick, so it's not as bad as some of the hideous cattlepens out there. It's when parks have bags of space for a decent queue but just use one big cattlepen I hate it :p

Anyway, I forgot another vile one! Transdemonium at Parc Asterix - Your worst queue nightmare, almost underground!