• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the UK wooden roller coasters

Wicker Man
Big Dipper
Nick Streak
The Antelope
Scenic Railway
Blue Flyer
Grand National

1. Wicker Man
2. Big Dipper
3. Nick Streak
4. Roller Coaster (Great Yarmouth)
5. Grand National
6. Blue Flyer

Pretty big gap between Wicker Man and the rest.

1. Wicker Man
2. Grand National
3. Big Dipper
4. Nick Streak
5. Blue Flyer.

Including Wild Mouse at Pleasure Beach that's comfortably number 1

1. Wicker Man
  2. Megafobia (although not ridden since 2010)
  3. Big Dipper (on rows 2 or 3 of each car)
  4. Nick Streak
  5. Grand National
  6. Blue Flyer

1. Big Dipper
  2. Wickerman
  3. Nikelodeon Streak
  4. Grand National
  5. The Antelope
  6. Blue Flyer
The Antelope is likely to be the rarest UK woodie credit, as you need to accompany a child to get on it.
Its an OK litle coaster if you get the opportunity to ride it, but it is bafflingly situated in a park who's core audience are pre-school age.
Grand National would easily be my favourite, if it was kinder on the spine.
Wickerman is too short for the long wait, and the pre show misjudged for a ride that is supposedly family friendly.

@Matt N I wonder how much these rankings would change if we were to widen the scope of this a little and make it the Top 10 British Isles Wooden Coasters so as to include Cu Chulainn at Emerald Park?

I haven’t ridden it myself yet (as I’m waiting for the new coasters to open next year to visit the park) but I wonder how it would stack up against the big two of Wicker Man and the retracked Megafobia? I think it would be very interesting to see how many people would have it ranked top.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Wickerman
2. Megafobia (admittedly I’ve not been on it since the re-track)
3. Roller Coaster (Gt Yarmouth)
4. Grand National
5. Big Dipper
6. Nickelodeon Streak
7. Blue Flyer
8. Scenic (Margate)
9. Tubs

Not done Antelope.
If Wild Mouse was still open, I’d probably put it just after Megafobia.

Can’t wait to see what Mega’s re-track is like. The last few times I went on it, in 2021 and 2019, it wasn’t great, but I remember I used to love it.

1. Megafobia
2. Grand National
3. Roller Coaster (Great Yarmouth)
4. Wicker Man
5. Big Dipper
6. Nick Streak
7. Tyrolean Tubtwist
8. Blue Flyer
9. Antelope

Really need to get to Margate to complete the set having ticked off Megafobia and Antelope this year.

1. Wickerman
2. Megafobia (admittedly I’ve not been on it since the re-track)
3. Roller Coaster (Gt Yarmouth)
4. Grand National
5. Big Dipper
6. Nickelodeon Streak
7. Blue Flyer
8. Scenic (Margate)
9. Tubs

Not done Antelope.
If Wild Mouse was still open, I’d probably put it just after Megafobia.

Can’t wait to see what Mega’s re-track is like. The last few times I went on it, in 2021 and 2019, it wasn’t great, but I remember I used to love it.
Having now ridden Megafobia since the re-track, I can confirm that it is once again my favourite UK woodie. The three I visited with were first time riders and all said they preferred it to Wickerman. I think hats off to Oakwood for investing wisely in prolonging Megafobia’s shelf life. It really is a top rate coaster which deserves to be looked after and preserved for as long as possible.

Also I still find it hilarious that Megafobia spends most of its time running as a one-man-op. Imagine if they tried to run Wickerman on just one operator 😂