• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rare Alton Towers items on ebay

Back in the 90's I just to put adverts in all newspapers for special items from the towers and you would be surprised what people would sell just for money.

I have the piano from the old sepia studio. It is beautiful, but needs repairing if someone wants to play it. I am considering putting it on ebay. Haven't decided.

Just bringing this back up. The original items listed for sale at the start of this topic (Haunted House/Oblivion photos) were unfortunately stolen from the park archives. These documents do not belong in a collection and should be returned to Alton Towers. If anybody knows any more information, it would be great to resolve this problem.

Oh? The ones that mysteriously disappeared after being bought by an "Alton Towers collector"?

I do wonder! If it's a case of stolen property, might Towers themselves be able to contact that ebay seller for more information?

Alton Towers tried to stop the auction and prove the items were theirs, but I heard they were not able to unfortunately. Such a shame, as they were all fantastic and really important photos.

Could they not have got the police involved if they had been stolen? Ok it's not much but theft is theft. And we know all too well that Merlin have a very imposing legal department, would be a shame if Merlin have not given Towers any real backing on this.

:)