• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

(RCT2) Thorpe Park

Airtime

TS Member
I'm not sure there's much interest in RCT2 or LL at TowersStreet but I thought I'd contribute something here since I always visit and one of the better Towers websites.

If you don't know about NEDesigns and are interested in RCT, head over there. It's the best place for RCT2 and LL.

I'm not sure any of my other RCT will interest anyone but this park is based on Thorpe Park, obviously. This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tidal Wave

TidalWave1_zpsdff6ed7c.png

Added in 2000 Tidal Wave was one of Tussauds' first major investments into Thorpe Park and has been decimating Amity Cove for over a decade now. When Tidal Wave was installed it was the highest, fastest and most thrilling ride at Thorpe Park. Nowadays it compliments the parks other thrill offerings. However, it's not hard to see why Tidal Wave remains a favorite as another 16 riders take on the challenge!

Samurai

SCR165_zps806b6a53.png

"Samurai is about to begin, keep your head back and brace yourself for the force of the mighty warrior."

Samurai, one of the most intense flat rides in existence made the jump from Chessington in 2004 and has been providing Thorpe Parks unique brand of thrills ever since.

Stealth

SCR26_zps29a9ad13.png

"Place your heads back, hold on tight"

Dominating the Thorpe park skyline, Stealth is a 150 foot launch rollercoaster that pushes your body to 70 miles per hour in less then two seconds.

Stealth may be Thorpe Park's shortest ride but its impact will last longer then any other ride.

______________________________________________________________________________________

After more than 2 solid months of construction the pace has dropped. The park's been at a standstill for a the past 2 weeks. There's a lot done and it's probably around 40% complete at year 200. Currently there's 2 blackholes around X:/No Way Out which is quite annoying.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Two screens from NEDesigns' recent Fiesta

SCR69_zps7769a1e5.png

Amity Cove, is a New England fishing village with some areas devastated by a huge wall of water, commonly known as Tidal Wave! The area doubled in size in 2006 with the addition of Stealth. You will find some of Tussaud's finest themeing here within the area that dates back to 2000 when Tidal Wave was opened.

Here's a teaser of Colossus:

SCR74_zps2a99fc2d.png

If there was a dictionary definition for Thorpe Park, the first word used would be 'Colossus' as it represents everything that the modern day park represents. It's high, it's fast, it's thrilling and as a ride that spingboarded Thorpe Park into the eyes of the general public, it has a fierce reputation.

If anyone says Colossus doesn't have the correct layout, inspired not a recreation

New screen: Neptune's Kingdom

With several rides to choose from, this fishy themed area in the centre of the park will keep the little ones happy.

This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired, remember :)

New(ish) Screen: Logger's Leap

Untitled_zps15556156.png

Wet and wild log flume ride through the Canadian Rockies. Logger's Leap has the highest flume drop in the UK. Your log will travel through wet rapids, a dark plunge, a rocky canyon and past the Canada Creek Railway. From the crest of the ride guests can view the whole park as they drop down 35 feet into the water trough below.

Pre-year-300 update! Going to still post this just in case anybody is still watching it.

New Screen: Rush

On opening in 2005 Rush was the worlds largest speed swing, launching riders to dizzying heights at breathtaking speed.