• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Recommendations for a family park

Hiya everyone. I'm looking for people's suggestions for a good all-round family park in Europe. Obviously you have disneyland and europa Park, but are there any others to mention.

We are off to disneyland Paris in may half term, so looking for somewhere for next may half term.

My son will be 5 by then. We went to AT a few weeks back and he loves it. His favourite was the mine train, so he will likely go on most family thrill rides.

So the mix I am looking for is good family rides, but also a few good rides for daddy to go on.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

While I'm not the biggest fan of the place myself, Efteling would seem to be the obvious choice if we're not counting Europa (Phantasialand would be my personal recomendation for 2nd best park after EP, but it doesn't have much for a 5 year old.)

Thanks fella, will have a look. I'm not counting Europa out, it's that I already know about that Park and PA in Spain.

I'm not really up on my European parks, so am just asking for other names to look at

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Parc Astérix is also a great family park. Obviously not as good as those mentionned, but I love it.

Asterix is also near DLP if you want to squeeze it in for this May. Nigloland is also a great family park that's about a 2 hour drive from Paris.

I know that you wanted to hear about other parks but it is hard to look past Europa-Park as a family theme park to visit in Europe, especially as you've already done DLP. There is a brilliant mix of rides for all ages, a friendly atmosphere, amazing food and plenty of shows. I doubt you would be let down.

:)

Indeed. EP is by far the best park this side of the Mid Atlantic Ridge.

Well it is indeed (one of) our favorite! But there are some other great ones!

With the new area for 2016 at Europa-Park (Ireland), there are probably more rides at Europa-Park for children of that age than any other park.

However, Efteling is a great park as it has that innocent charm that children will lap up.

Another great park for children is Gardaland - lots of good rides and an area for kids.

I wouldn't really suggest Phantasialand - there aren't that many kids rides.

Europa, every day of the week. A fantastic balance of family and thrill. I echo what everyone else has said, it's a fantastic place and wipes the floor with most of the other European offerings.