• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

the past 2 times I went I ended the day on 13, (It had a small queue) both times, i was on the seccond to last train and they had to ask all the people to remain in the train apart from the people who were in the rows that were being loaded (we had to wait about 5 mins for one of the staff as someone walked off one of the times) is there a new rule with 13 requiring a full train to be sent?

the past 2 times I went I ended the day on 13, (It had a small queue) both times, i was on the seccond to last train and they had to ask all the people to remain in the train apart from the people who were in the rows that were being loaded (we had to wait about 5 mins for one of the staff as someone walked off one of the times) is there a new rule with 13 requiring a full train to be sent?

The added brake will make it stall without 18 riders I believe. Train has to be empty to not trigger the laser to activate the brake or requires 18 people.

Always been that way hasn’t it? Interesting as they never ever used to allow people to stay on the ride. Have been in situations where we’ve had to wait in the station to fill the train and wouldn’t allow previous people to stay on it.

Can run only full or empty. Not sure why, the ride is a total nightmare.

Seems like double standards to me. No difference from an operations point of view to be honest. If the seats are empty and there is no one standing at the air gates you should be able to re ride. Thorpe do it without issue.
all the rides do it at alton towers, I recall someone on oblivion being told it was for their saftey as the length of time for them to walk through the queue was so they could recover from the drop.

I think end of the day is the only time they will let people stay on if there is no one else in the queue and there aren’t enough staff to jump on.

It’s an Alton towers policy to not allow rerides, I have no idea why. Thorpe park and chessie allow it, in fact Thorpe park activity encourage you to stay on when it’s a quiet day on some rides.

Yep, this has been the policy for years. The only alternative would be to have a sort of "last train standby" queue as they absolutely will not send a train with fewer than 18 people on it. This once caught them out when they had a group of 3 from main queue near the front, another 3 from RAP at the back and then an unexpected empty seat when someone got walk of shame'd. The op noticed they were underweight at the last minute and it took ages to find a group of 2 in the bays and reshuffle the guests to get the train sufficiently "heavy".

all the rides do it at alton towers, I recall someone on oblivion being told it was for their saftey as the length of time for them to walk through the queue was so they could recover from the drop.
If you’re an enthusiast then lapping a ride wouldn’t be an issue. I managed 3 in a row on Inferno no problem and that ride is more intense than most the towers coasters

If you’re an enthusiast then lapping a ride wouldn’t be an issue. I managed 3 in a row on Inferno no problem and that ride is more intense than most the towers coasters
oh yeah, I think he was trying to convince them to loop round and get back in the queue (I think there were some people in the gate waiting to board)

No idea where the no re-rides policy came from, presumably there must have been an incident in the past. It was something the park took seriously though and was drilled into the operations staff. I even remember a question explicitly about the re-ride policy in the ride examination for Nemesis and Air.

Funny how there's an exception for Thirteen though

I mean who designs a ride that can either run empty or full that’s just stupid. Covid was proof that it is poorly designed because it’s a problem that no other ride on park had
It wasn’t designed like that I don’t think.

Those stupid trims broke the ride in more ways than one.

Needs ripping out. Get a recent family coaster in there which is reliable.