• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Other than that it's get that app open and keep a very close eye on things.

This is probably my least favourite thing about modern Merlin theme park trips. If you want to make the most of your day you need to spend half of it on your phone.

Whilst i didn't like that Drayton doesn't have any queue time indicators, it was nice just to walk around and go on whatever you wanted, safe in the knowledge you weren't potentially waiting 60+ minutes.

Starting to wonder if Skyride is making Nemesis quieter than it would be. I think people cannot be bothered walking all that way whereas the enthusiasts don't blink.

Starting to wonder if Skyride is making Nemesis quieter than it would be. I think people cannot be bothered walking all that way whereas the enthusiasts don't blink.

I'm sure they do, it's arguably the main attraction of the park (this year at least) but perhaps only heading over for the one ride.

The free for all aspect of Wickerman has always baffled me. First the queue merge point, then the pre-show. It’s not like it’s an old ride.

Maybe the chaos is deliberate theming.
I’d love for them to somehow turn the Wickerman pre-show into a walk-through, even if it means a bit of snaked queuing in that room. Wouldn’t even mind if you were forced to listen to it multiple times, as long as it takes out the crowded free-for-all.

It did open late morning. There was a very lengthy evacuation from the top of the drop. Smiler went down a fair bit also today (no great loss).

Curse was down a lot as well today (again) when open half the effects were not working, second half of the ride was practically darkness. No Sub Terra again. Rapids didn’t open in perfect temperatures, I believe it was staffing issues rather than anything technical.

Seems worse than last year so far with several rides down and some not even opening at all. Thirteen still on two trains. Biggest surprise is that Galactica was two stations and three crafts… nearly fainted at that.
I must have missed it opening in morning

We did smiler(single rider) 13,rita err....fandango then looked at app and thought it must not have opened so went through gardens up to forbidden valley

Had a good day overall

The highlight was walking across the lawn hearing justin fletcher singing s club 7...can't get much better than that

Interesting to see the rapids river was drained. Is that standard on non operating day? Looked like a mario kart track..
The Rapids will naturally drain once the pumps are switched off, the station is the highest point of the ride, with the channel then running down to the lowest point, just before the lift at the end of the ride. Once the pumps are off, nothing is refilling the channel at the top so all the water pools in the last few meters of the ride, and in the lake.

Great day at Alton towers so far- three rides on later opening because of tech services being delayed with the handover. Been to Nemmy Rebo, Wickerman and now at smiler and all set to open after 10. Suggesting that tech services invest in an alarm clock ⏰ so they can get to work on time.

Great day at Alton towers so far- three rides on later opening because of tech services being delayed with the handover. Been to Nemmy Rebo, Wickerman and now at smiler and all set to open after 10. Suggesting that tech services invest in an alarm clock ⏰ so they can get to work on time.
Bit pathetic for such a major park to lack in tech services

I must admit complaining about your visit to Alton Towers at 9:46am did make me laugh. Give them a chance at least, plenty of time to complain later.

Although looking at ride availability now at 10:30am I’d say you’ve been vindicated.

I must admit complaining about your visit to Alton Towers at 9:46am did make me laugh. Give them a chance at least, plenty of time to complain later.

Although looking at ride availability now at 10:30am I’d say you’ve been vindicated.
Sorry if the sarcasm didn’t quite translate through!

It’s great that most rides are now open but there were a fair few people who’d been staying the hotel and wanted to do a few rides this morning before heading back home. It should be that the whole park opens at 10 if advertised at 10!

Staff were lovely about its feel sorry for them becuase it more in techies hands than theres!

Sorry if the sarcasm didn’t quite translate through!

It’s great that most rides are now open but there were a fair few people who’d been staying the hotel and wanted to do a few rides this morning before heading back home. It should be that the whole park opens at 10 if advertised at 10!

Staff were lovely about its feel sorry for them becuase it more in techies hands than theres!

Ha no i was agreeing, even by 1030am the majority of rides were not open which is pretty rubbish, especially when you're letting people in the park an hour earlier.

Ops update- noticed that staff on Blivvy and some on Nemmy have headsets now to communicate with the op. They have them at Thorpe so logical that they’ve got them at towers!
Hoping this stops the painful game of try and get the hosts attention over the tannoy to get to the phone or charades from the cabin!

Ops update- noticed that staff on Blivvy and some on Nemmy have headsets now to communicate with the op. They have them at Thorpe so logical that they’ve got them at towers!
Hoping this stops the painful game of try and get the hosts attention over the tannoy to get to the phone or charades from the cabin!
Good to see investment in stuff like this, such a small change from a strategic overview but someone at Merlin/Towers understands how such a small thing can make a difference to operations.

It's an indication of good organisational leadership that isn't just instigating from the top-down!

Good to see investment in stuff like this, such a small change from a strategic overview but someone at Merlin/Towers understands how such a small thing can make a difference to operations.

It's an indication of good organisational leadership that isn't just instigating from the top-down!

They have had them at Chessington since Mandrill opened, though only on that ride still I think.