• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

What's bizarre is its always this time of year Wicker man has a few days of downtime. Weirdly convenient

Rode Hex yesterday, the ride mechanism sounded awful when in the vault. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was down again soon, which is a shame.
Is it beyond the realms of possibility they’ve reopened it prematurely due to all the other ride downtime they’re experiencing?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility they’ve reopened it prematurely due to all the other ride downtime they’re experiencing?
I'd imagine they got the new part(s) it needed, therefore was able to re-open, but I think there are more substantial issues that are not quick fixes.

I see that it is down again today.

Funk'n'Fly, Roller Disco, Flavio's, Hex, Wicker Man all seem to be continuing with closures from yesterday. Ride availability really is in the pits this year.

It’ll be shut for another 3 months now won’t it? Must be a lot wrong with it if it can only manage one day of operating before closing again. This time of year is when they need a ride like Hex the most to absorb the crowds especially with Wickerman experiencing problems too.

Confused that they didn’t sort the problem with the vault banging out whilst it was closed - as I swear when it opened for like a day back in March before closing for the next 3 months, people who rode it that day complained about the noise it was making
I am pretty sure that the noise you hear is the noise of it breaking itself again following the fix. I think the longer term fix required is a rather substantial piece of work, which would no doubt be costly.

I said when I rode on Sunday that it probably wouldn't last a week, by the end of the cycle I'd revised my guess to 2 days. In the end it closed within a few hours. I wouldn't be surprised if it's closed for an extended period yet again - they need to sort whatever the underlying issues are.

Since this thread is also for ride operations, I was generally fairly impressed with the ride operations on Sunday - particularly on Oblivion (which was chucking out the shuttles at a rate I've not seen in years), Thirteen (which was achieving dispatch times rarely seen since 2010) and Spinball (which was probably beating some of the bigger coasters for throughput). Sadly at the other end of the scale Galactica really seems to struggle these days. Not sure if it's on reduced staffing compared to previous years or if it's just due to the restraint sensors becoming less reliable but they really seemed to be struggling to get the trains out in a timely manner. Back in the day they'd routinely be dispatching when the previous train went through the lie-to-fly but nowadays stacking seems fairly common.

Since this thread is also for ride operations, I was generally fairly impressed with the ride operations on Sunday - particularly on Oblivion (which was chucking out the shuttles at a rate I've not seen in years), .
The opposite to Oblivion last weekend when it’s operations were some of the worse I’ve seen. It was on both station, but might as well had been on one. I assume they had staffing issues, as the batcher was also having to press dispatch/check restraints. Often then with the staff member on the second station having to then go and deal with fastrack.

This meant every single shuttle and row was just not being filled at all, and I’m talking 3/4/5 empty seats or more on shuttles.

Also which I’ve never seen before, they had the final seat on front and back on every shuttle closed (with seat belt on), which did meant it was maximum 7 per row.