• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Hex is now back to “closed today” - cheers to another lengthy closure! At least Wicker Man is back in action though!
It does make you wonder if something is wrong with Hex and it requires more major work. When it did briefly open, numerous people spoke of a bad creaking noise within the vault, and numerous effects not working in the Octagon.

I’m sure it’ll open again very soon, but it does make you wonder what the ride’s issue is…

It does make you wonder if something is wrong with Hex and it requires more major work. When it did briefly open, numerous people spoke of a bad creaking noise within the vault, and numerous effects not working in the Octagon.

I’m sure it’ll open again very soon, but it does make you wonder what the ride’s issue is…
Yeah I noticed in Shawn and charlottes new vlog they said it was making some form of clicking noise throughout the ride cycle

It wasn't creaking noise in the vault, it sounded more like metal hitting metal, not good at all.

Hex clearly requires some major work to the vault if they want it sorted long term. I guess it depends on whether Merlin give Towers the money for it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I just had a random thought about Runaway Mine Train from my last visit.

My question is; it didn’t slow down going through the station between the first and second laps before this season, did it? I always remembered flying through the station at fair speed when entering the second lap, but on my most recent visit, the car seemed to really slow down when moving through the station, so much so that I initially thought the ride was ending after only one lap.

Is this a recent development, or am I imagining things?

It still went through the station at pace when I rode in April (didn’t ride in may as queue was 40+ minutes) maybe it was just like having some form of issue on your visit? I’m not really sure

I have not noticed it slowing significantly through the station on any of my rides this year. The staff don't fill the loading bays until the train has gone through, so there's no obvious reason for it to slow

Is the speed of the train controlled by the operator? Could they have just thought you were on lap 2 and were bringing the ride to a stop but then realised you were due another lap and sent you back on your way?

It certainly is! I saw a photo of the panel somewhere recently but can't remember where.
I think I remember seeing the panel on a video someone shared on this forum of someone overcoming their fear of rollercoasters. The main ride control looked like a joystick style control which appeared to control the speed and braking in real time. Any ex RMT ops on here to confirm that?

I think I remember seeing the panel on a video someone shared on this forum of someone overcoming their fear of rollercoasters. The main ride control looked like a joystick style control which appeared to control the speed and braking in real time. Any ex RMT ops on here to confirm that?
Ahh yeah it was the Tom Scott video, wasn't it?

Edit: Here we go!

unknown.png

Yeah RMT is manual with the speed. However you’ll find flying fish and scorpion express is just a start and stop, so the op doesn’t have the option to change the speed.

It looked as though all the cycles were doing that on the day I rode, though. Perhaps it was just an on and off thing?