• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

To be fair, Lego have staggering their annual maintenance for years now and the September/October closures are the same rides every year. As Leigh said with them having the majority of the park open for Christmas & Feb Half Term they do some rides in the quieter periods of the main season to be able to fit it all in.

Seems Thorpe are at it too, with arguably more headline rides than Towers.

Is this a new Merlin wide initiative? Close rides off peak for maintenance to reduce the workload over the winter and get by with less mechanics than would otherwise be needed?

IMG_7414.jpeg
With the Inferno closure, this looks like it was potentially unavoidable and needed to be done before Fright Nights.

I wouldn't be surprised if it opens sooner than the planned end date if all goes well. I've known this to happen occasionally.

The shorter Stealth and Samurai closures appear to happen every now and then during the season normally.

EDIT: the Inferno closure is actually from 30th September to 3rd October and has since been updated on the Thorpe Park website.

Last edited:
They might have just said look this isn't good enough. Get ALL rides up to standard for 2025 no matter what. They might be short of staff for the close season and had to bring things forward ,so I think a period of grace is permitted as disappointing as it is.

However they have to get things right in 2025. Closing the same rides for maintenance in early 25 won't wash

It’s actually only on 20 minutes at the moment…

Perhaps the new policy mentioned for Galactica is also the case on Oblivion, wherein the ride now defaults to one station operation and when it operates on two, this is only the case between 12pm and 4pm?

It’s actually only on 20 minutes at the moment…

Perhaps the new policy mentioned for Galactica is also the case on Oblivion, wherein the ride now defaults to one station operation and when it operates on two, this is only the case between 12pm and 4pm?
Where are these polices you have found?

So this would indicate that today has to be above 12k because Oblivion must be on 2 stations as its only 20 mins
We don’t know that Oblivion is on 2 stations just because the queue is short.

The advertised queue time could be inaccurate. Or it could just not be very popular this morning!

The only actual report we have is from @Poisson, who confirmed that it was on one station when he rode.

We don’t know that Oblivion is on 2 stations just because the queue is short.

The advertised queue time could be inaccurate. Or it could just not be very popular this morning!

The only actual report we have is from @Poisson, who confirmed that it was on one station when he rode.
But it could’ve changed to 2 stations at 11. If it was under 12k then it would change at 12. I don’t know it doesn’t really matter

Apparently Oblivion has run 2 stations today but as of now is back to 1. Confirmation of this weird staffing strategy?

Apparently Oblivion has run 2 stations today but as of now is back to 1. Confirmation of this weird staffing strategy?
That would sound like it aligns with what I heard about 2 stations only being in operation from 12pm to 4pm when Oblivion/Galactica run 2 stations.