• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Can’t believe they closed all the CBeebies rides at 5. That’s a bit cheeky
Seen this yesterday and emailed alton towers as my daughter is 5 and loves scarefest so have treated her to a stay at towers last year was a 7pm close the reply from towers was all times are subject to change and to follow social media for announcements only reason we have booked a stay is for the later close so seeing they changed octoberfest doesn't give me much hope but will be requesting a refund if they do change the time

Have they even announced that CBeebies is closing two hours earlier on social media? Or even the website?
Not seen a single thing from the park about normal closing for octoberfest really poor it doesn't say on the website only shows on the app when looking at ride information

Guys no one is going to be in Cbeebies land after 5 stop making it an issue. If anything surprised they keep other kids rides open past that time like Williams world that should shut early

Battle Galleons is back open today, (not that anyone is riding it in this weather!)

Ride availability for the last 2 days has been excellent, even with the poor weather.

Operations haven't been great tho really:
galactica opened at 11.30
rita at 12.00
spinball whizzer at 14.00
thirteen at 11.00
wicker man didn't open

Leaving just the smiler, nemesis and oblivion opening on time. So i think having a free return is appropriate really combined with late openings, general downtime and the weather closure

Imagine a world where all the rides are open on time and running all day at full capacity.

If the park is busy, could the average customer realistically get on all the rides between 10 and 6?

No running, perhaps a stop for lunch and can skip the smaller flat or children’s. What can realistically be achieved if you’re at the gates at 10am?

Imagine a world where all the rides are open on time and running all day at full capacity.

If the park is busy, could the average customer realistically get on all the rides between 10 and 6?

No running, perhaps a stop for lunch and can skip the smaller flat or children’s. What can realistically be achieved if you’re at the gates at 10am?
On a day where it was semi-busy back in 2022 with SkyRide and Retrosquad, I've needed to get fast track and the only ride I had to skip due to time with Runaway Mine Train with a 5pm closing time. That was the first ride the next day which was much quieter.

Without the SkyRide or even a monorail to get between Forbidden Valley and Dark Forest, I'd say it's a struggle for anyone to do most areas let alone anyone with physical disabilities.

I personally think what they need to consider doing is a minimum closing time that proportionately gets extended like at Europa Park. The only way that is going to happen is if visitor numbers can justify it and if there is a way to get both staff and visitors to the park more easily without car so there isn't issues extending the closing time.

Reopening the SkyRide is a start and there needs to be consideration on in-park transportation so people can be ferried across the park quicker.

For Alton Towers trip planning, I never really think about doing less than 2 days at a time on park due to how far it is, typical Merlin ride downtime and the potential of not being able to get on a major ride.

It's a park I can only visit once or twice a year max due to being down south and want to make the most of it where I can.

Again, to reinforce other points made.
With a mobility issue, and no skyride, and the alternatives being offered not suitable or appropriate for my personal needs, I had to leave the resort at 2pm, having done all the rides I could access comfortably.

The skyride situation is a disgrace, two whole years of disability discrimination.
Filthy Merlin.

In March we had a … quiet-ish day (most queues 45 mins) and with downtime we managed 6 big coasters and curse. Nothing else.
10-4 but the extra hour would’ve only been one extra

You could probably manage all of them providing things open on time. Go straight to dark forest then valley then wicker then finish in X sector. As long as you avoid Wicker and Smiler first thing you should be fine