• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Is interesting they’re choosing to carry out maintenance during the main season. Hopefully this will help with the work load over the winter

Have to give credit, on park for last two hours and despite it being utterly dead everything that can run multiple trains is. Utter bliss.

Other than a train on the brake run, no obvious signs of work going on at Oblivion.

Often you don’t see much happening unless it’s a structural thing. These days it’s usually electrical faults so the fixing is more behind the scenes.

Often you don’t see much happening unless it’s a structural thing. These days it’s usually electrical faults so the fixing is more behind the scenes.
A staff member (so of course take it with a pinch of salt) said the issue was something to do with the increased rate they’ve been switching between one and two station operations with the operational cuts during the day.

As far as I’m aware, that is actually the truth, as ridiculous as it sounds

I mean it’s always swapped to either one or two stations depending on the predicted gate figure for the day and occasionally will swap out during a day, but for the last few weeks it’s been switching from one station in the morning, to two in the afternoon and back down to one for later.

I imagine whilst it was originally designed to be able to switch out, the added pressure of multiple switches daily on an aging system could easily cause issues.

I mean it’s always swapped to either one or two stations depending on the predicted gate figure for the day and occasionally will swap out during a day, but for the last few weeks it’s been switching from one station in the morning, to two in the afternoon and back down to one for later.

I imagine whilst it was originally designed to be able to switch out, the added pressure of multiple switches daily on an aging system could easily cause issues.
Even the ride is telling management that these operational changes are ridiculous

Last edited:
Visitor solution: lock the panel into two station so it flies through queues and is a good experience

Management solution: lock the panel into single station mode because money
I do understand it on quiet days but changing between 1 and 2 stations at weekends is ridiculous and unnecessary. Towers surely have enough money to accommodate max operations for most the season

I agree, with pre booking the park have a good idea of gate numbers before opening so it should be possible to make a decision (1 or 2 stations) for the day and stick with it. Chopping and changing like this is totally unnecessary, and likely doesn't save much money anyway.

I do understand it on quiet days but changing between 1 and 2 stations at weekends is ridiculous and unnecessary. Towers surely have enough money to accommodate max operations for most the season
Even if it's an quiet day, what's the issue with sticking a tensa barrier up to block station 2 and just sending the carts around empty? If it is quiet enough to only need one station then spending 30 seconds securing an empty train isn't going to cause much of a delay is it. It's not like they are completely separate platforms like GalacticAir