• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

First visit to the park this season for me today - and i picked a good day.

Nice and quiet, minimal queue times and Oktoberfest too!

Nemesis opened late, and had some downtime, but the other big rides were all running well. Slight delay on the Smiler when one of the guests barfed all over the back row, the operator announced "Sorry about the delay, this is for essential cleaning" - which lead to much laughter from the awaiting crowd....

As luck would have it i got a ride on the vomit affected train later, it was well cleaned, so well done to the team

First visit to the park this season for me today - and i picked a good day.

Nice and quiet, minimal queue times and Oktoberfest too!

Nemesis opened late, and had some downtime, but the other big rides were all running well. Slight delay on the Smiler when one of the guests barfed all over the back row, the operator announced "Sorry about the delay, this is for essential cleaning" - which lead to much laughter from the awaiting crowd....

As luck would have it i got a ride on the vomit affected train later, it was well cleaned, so well done to the team
And not to mention Hex was back open!

Funk’n’Fly has apparently been testing today as well, so we might genuinely have a full ride line up for the first time this season soon?
Not including Enterprise in this as i seriously don’t think it’s coming back, and also excluding Duel for refurbishment purposes

Yeah, it should have been by the looks of things, as it was included on the map at the start of the year, but for whatever reason, no progression has been made on the site so I just decided not to include it.

Even if it’s still very much on the website with not even a mention that it’s shut. But that’s standard towers, they are never honest about anything unfortunately.

A few years back they would sometimes add a little banner to the website or just on the ride page to say a ride is closed. Now a ride is shut for 6 months and it’s still there with nothing.

Whatever they have found during pre-season has most likely ended Enterprise. At its age I'd be surprised if there's any solid metal left to weld to for structural strength

Towers are having a shambles so far today. 3 rides haven't even opened yet within the first hour, Nemesis has been open for about 10 mins too. Understandable having the odd ride down but half the coaster lineup? They really should be more prepared for opening because if its taken an hour to resolve an issue they've clearly found out last minute about it

The thing is though, how do you know the ride wasn't ready to go at like 9:30 or something? If issues have come up less than 30 minutes before opening then I'm not sure what more can be done. If some of the coasters are down then just go on Hex, Gangsta Granny or a flat whilst you wait for them to open!

At 6am this morning, the time tech services generally start their shifts it was 2 degrees in Alton. These low temperatures will have impacted the ability to complete morning testing until the weather warmed up.

This in turn will have delayed ride openings. Some things are out of the parks control.

I have been beaten to the "first frosty morning of the year" point!
Frost on the ground at 6.45 this morning.
A few theme park rides not open for the first quiet hour low season, nobody surprised.

I think that now we have an app, ride closures are much more pronounced than they used to be. 3 major coasters closed until 10:30am looks shoddy from an availability perspective whilst looking at a screen, yet the reality is that the ride probably opened at 10:15 and it took a few minutes for the app to be updated.

Pre app, only the guests who were on park were aware of what was open or not. Nowadays, anyone can see!

Cold weather, rides open slowly, very cold weather, rides don't open at all.
Always been that way.
Every ride opening at the start of the day, pretty rare event, even if the signs/apps say everything is open.