• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

@TowersStreet

Unfortunately the Dark Forest is not having the best of luck, with all three rides currently closed. Rita looks set to be closed for a while with tech services on site. Meanwhile TH13TEEN is about to be evacuated from the top of the lifthill shortly.

Roller disco is now down as well... the whole of Dark Forest is down! 😳

Yeah I don’t think Rita and Roller Disco have actually opened yet for whatever reason. Obviously TH13TEEN going down just makes the situation worse

Having been on park many times and not just at Alton Towers, just studying the app doesn’t often give the true picture.

You’ll often find the app/queue board say something completely different to what is actually true, sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad Smiler might say 60, when it’s only 20 but the other end it could say 60 and in the end you wait 120.

Being on park you’ll find this easier to find and see, of course sitting at home you don’t see the full picture.

Before the app you didn’t notice downtime as much, as wondering the park unless you walked past a closed ride you wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on. Now you can look at the app and see half the park shut on the app, wether that actually affects you or not on the day.

Is Spinball Whizzer having issues with rain as well? It was closed pretty much all day last Friday when I was there (apart from about 1 hour in total) and it seems to be down now all the time when Thirteen is down, which we know is because of the rain. It s either that, or it’s just very very unreliable now.

Yup, often seems to have wet troubles...didn't they limit it to 3 per car in the wet?...great in the single rider queue if I recall...our group went that way and got through a long queue in ten minutes.

What an earth is going on at spinball. Why is the queue so long. Its not raining so can't be reduced capacity

What an earth is going on at spinball. Why is the queue so long. Its not raining so can't be reduced capacity
There could be a lot of FT and RAP demand. When I rode in August, the ride was being operated such that the throughput comprised of a perfect 3-way split between main queue, FT and RAP (1/3 main, 1/3 FT and 1/3 RAP). This meant that the main queue throughput was only around 208pph when the ride throughput was 623pph.

If this procedure were to be repeated on a busy Scarefest day (the first weekend day of Scarefest, might I add), then I could certainly see the queue comfortably exceeding an hour. I remember waiting from near the final turn into the brake run, and I waited 45-50 minutes, so I could certainly see a queue of any considerable length taking 85 minutes with that procedure in place.

What sort of throughput would 4 cars typically equate to, out of interest?

Wait, what? I genuinely didn't think that was even possible. I've seen it on 4 during winter season with the park so quiet there was literally no-one on the ride. I can only assume they've got multiple cars stored away from the ride at the moment as I'm pretty sure there isn't space in the garage for 5.