• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability

Grand_Nash

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Hi today seemed to be ano absolute nightmare on rides!

Nemesis went down at 10.30am
Rita went down at 1
Oblivion at 2.00

Even the fire alarm went off in the new coffee lounge.

Early season ride struggles or the weather not helping?

The Smiler does now feature some wind measuring things. There is one on the station and also first lift hill. And in op cabin there is a panel on the wall that tells the op how strong the wind is.

Partly why the train stalled when it crashed due to the high wind.

According to the data on ridetimes, here are the rides with the most downtime so far this season:

ij0SYbR.png

Nemesis and Oblivion are the two surprising entries here.

Oblivion is having major issues frequently so far this season which seem ongoing. Nemesis had 1 lengthy incident at the beginning of the season, but is now over 2 weeks without any downtime, so hopefully any issues were rectified.

Notably Galatica uptime is excellent so far.

Last edited:
Although annoying when you're there at the park, I think the incidences of down time is a more important measure than the the length I time when judging reliability. This is because the time seems rounded to the nearest half hour (so a 15 min stoppage would show as. 5 hours).

Either way you look at it, it's not been a good season for Oblivion.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Although annoying when you're there at the park, I think the incidences of down time is a more important measure than the the length I time when judging reliability. This is because the time seems rounded to the nearest half hour (so a 15 min stoppage would show as. 5 hours).

Either way you look at it, it's not been a good season for Oblivion.

Absolutely. Short downtimes either won't show up at all or might show as 0.5 hours.

Most important is the number of incidents, but also very long downtimes on particular days. Gives us a rough overview at the least even if not 100% accurate.

I know there was a lot of emotion (understandably) about that day Nemesis was down, however her record has been pretty strong since

Great data @Sku :) thought the 11.5 hours belonged to Rita! Never thought oblivion would have almost as much downtime than Rita, 13 and smiler combined.

Did notice in the past (and especially on opening Sunday) that spinball does go down quite often, but for short amount of time (for example, on opening Sunday, I saw that it was down at least twice). Seems that these haven't been logged on ridetimes.

It's hard to tell off the queue boards though. This morning the queue board had Rita closed for quite some time. Yet it was open.

Same applies to others, oblivion stopped a closed briefly when we went on it, however I don't the ride board would have been updated for the 10 minute or so when the ride was closed.