• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ridecount Survey & Maintenance

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
Hi all!

In my attempt to cram in posting as much tonight (everything always comes in one go!), I have some more news about our sister site, ridecount.com!

Ridecount User Survey

As many of you know, I'm at University studying my 2nd year of computing, and working in a small analyst/developer team, we've been tasked with designing, implementing and testing a real system, which includes all of the usual business related procedures and documentation.

Our team has decided to tackle the system behind ridecount.com, and redevelop it to a higher standard to allow for future expansion and to really focus on what features users wish to see. As part of the analysis phase, we are required to gather stakeholder feedback and determine functional requirements of the system.

If you have used ridecount previously, or continue to use ridecount now, me and Team Maelstrom at the University of Worcester would really appreciate 5 - 10 mins of your time to complete a 6 question survey on your thoughts about the ridecount system, and feedback on some improvements we would like to make.

If you're interested, you can complete the survey at http://www.ridecount.com/survey

As noted, this is for a real, live systems development project, so please fill in the survey honestly and seriously as possible, as the results are shared with lecturers and researchers involved in the project.

Ridecount Downtime

As part of the Great server move of 2014™, we need to take ridecount offline for a short period to transition the site and data to our new server platform.

The site and features will be unavailable from approx 4pm Wednesday 19th February 2014 to Thursday 20th February 2014, and may be affected also by the TowersStreet server move to be able to sign into the site during Friday 21st February 2014.

Thank you from all of us on the ridecount team and Team Maelstrom at UoW for your feedback and continued support!

Wednesday 19th January 2014 to Thursday 20th January 2014, Shouldn't it say Wednesday 19th February 2014 to Thursday 20th February 2014?

spinba11 said:
Wednesday 19th January 2014 to Thursday 20th January 2014, Shouldn't it say Wednesday 19th February 2014 to Thursday 20th February 2014?

Indeed it should - all fixed :)

That's a little odd... I think it's probably related to the server move. I'll investigate now.

To be honest, with the shear size of the move. I was expecting a couple of glitches. and there has been a lot less then i was expecting.

spinba11 said:
How long is ridecount going to be down for? (I've got 3 trips to Alton to put on)

Hi spinba11,

The site should be up and running now, the sign in issues got fixed late last night, are you still not able to access it?

Ahhh, unfortunately your ISP (internet service provider) is still waiting to catch up with the changes to the server and site before you can see the new one.

Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer, unfortunately I can't do anything to speed it along for you though, sorry :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.