• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Robot Combat Discussion

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
As it seems like quite a few members of the forum like robot combat, I think I should make this thread.
It seems like the right time because we have Battlebots Discovery Season 7 starting in under a month, NHRL December Finals in around 2 weeks, and Robogames next year for the first time since 2018.

I watched some Battle bots last night. It was an old episode from 2018 I believe.

I'd say it was better then those pitiful last BBC Robot Wars series. Not quite as good as old school robot wars though

I watched some Battle bots last night. It was an old episode from 2018 I believe.

I'd say it was better then those pitiful last BBC Robot Wars series. Not quite as good as old school robot wars though
I agree that old school Robot Wars is amazing and a lot better than the reboot (Fog of War was an idiotic idea). If you want to watch more Battlebots, there's always https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBotsRaw/.

I’m so glad battle bots is still going strong.
I still remember the 1st series of robot wars and road block winning.
The robots now cost 6 figures but they awesome.

Isn't that precisely what the whole series is designed around...batter the opposition around of the arena as much as possible?
Ultimate goal, smack 'em out of the arena!
$10,000 of needless damage?
Yes...every last time.
It is all needless damage, the moment the game starts...
Don't want to risk the "needless" damage...don't join the game.
Good, clear win, by the rules.
Game over.

Isn't that precisely what the whole series is designed around...batter the opposition around of the arena as much as possible?
Ultimate goal, smack 'em out of the arena!
$10,000 of needless damage?
Yes...every last time.
It is all needless damage, the moment the game starts...
Don't want to risk the "needless" damage...don't join the game.
Good, clear win, by the rules.
Game over.
You wouldn't last long in R/battlebots 🤣. You would be downvoted to seventh hell. Anyway, the ref told Team Riptide to stop hitting Captain Shrederator and reportedly tried to physically prise the controller from the driver, while Team Shrederator were also telling them to stop hitting them. You don’t keep hitting an opponent who is already clearly immobilised, especially with a weapon that does that much damage. Even though it's a competition, there should be civility and good sportsmanship. In a boxing match, you don't repeatedly hit a knocked out person on the floor do you? Perhaps my judgement is clouded, as an autistic person, by the fact that Riptide's driver's dad Stan Kurtz; team member and secondary sponsor (Be Courageous), is an antivaxx who claims he cured his son Ethan's autism with lollipops, but the video speaks for itself.

Last edited:
It isn't a boxing match though is it, it is robot combat...no real lives are involved, there is no hurt.
Are you saying rules were broken?
Most robot combat I have seen is simply deathmatch...
America sets it's own rules I suppose, but you asked what I thought.
Serious repercussions???
Get over yourself, it is robot combat...what do you expect?
And being downvoted on reddit...I will cry myself to sleep at the thought!

Are you saying rules were broken?
The referee asked Team Riptide to stop hitting Captain Shrederator. Rule 7.9.1 in the Battlebots Tournament rules https://battlebots.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/BattleBots-Tournament-Rules.2022.1.pdf states 'During a Match, any Team member who deliberately fails to comply with any Referee's or CrewBot's instruction may be Disqualified.'
Get over yourself, it is robot combat...what do you expect?
In the history of the Battlebots Reboot, this has never really happened before. The closest we've had to this is probably Tombstone in Battlebots Season 1/6 and 2/7. The difference is that the driver asked 'Want More?' to check that the opposing team was OK with him smashing their robot up unnecessarily.
And being downvoted on reddit...I will cry myself to sleep at the thought!
🤣

You are entitled to your opinion on this matter however.

Last edited: