• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: It's just dire.

My missus loves RCR - it's usually her highlight when she accompanies me to Towers. It's semi-crap food at a high cost but it's something fun and different at a theme park - lighten up.

EDIT: She's also veggie and so has limited options across the park, which is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

I haven't been particularly disappointed with the veggie offerings of late (albeit I haven't been much) - the veggie burger they are doing in BK is the best they have done for ages.

The only place I never eat is the chicken place in X Sector, not sure if they have a meatless option.

I've said what I need to on Aramark in the other thread, at least they'll have a low bar next year.

I am really disappointed to see this thread, the RCR restaurant has soo much potential and given its popularity could easily double capacity or open another one in the park. The quality of the product clearly needs addressing given AstroDan's/TS issues but given things haven't been addressed 3 years on is ridiculous.

The tripadvisor score is telling

FoodLoop suffers from the same concept issues (Quality of Food vs Price), However less concerns with the product quality, service and overall product than AT.

Yes I know another EP vs AT response but I actually prefer the AT interior and our first visit to RCR was a great experience, subsequent visits have sadly been marred by similar issues that AstroDan has raised.

The potential to improve is there but if wallets/purses gets tighter then people will simply vote with their feet and Hotdog flasks ;)

I know it's a suck vs. suck debate but I was less disappointed with the food at RCR than I was at Food Loop.

Granted they're both a while back.

I know it's a suck vs. suck debate but I was less disappointed with the food at RCR than I was at Food Loop.

Granted they're both a while back.

I'd agree based on my experience too. It's just maddening that these restaurant's are a time sink in an already compacted day (especially on reduced hours) and at some point won't feel worth the effort or money unless they sort it out.

My missus loves RCR - it's usually her highlight when she accompanies me to Towers. It's semi-crap food at a high cost but it's something fun and different at a theme park - lighten up.

EDIT: She's also veggie and so has limited options across the park, which is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.
Ah yes.

Shocking service, poor food, standards questionable, weird smells, poor choice.

But just lighten up.

I say the same about Dark Forest.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Problem is you don’t get a consistent experience with Alton.

I went to secret garden in April and the food was great. As was the service.

Went again in July and it was shockingly bad. Food was dire to the point I didn’t pay for it.

I’ve had same experiences in a RCR. April the food was excellent but also went for lunch in July and found it to be really poor.

This might be due to high staff turnover in the restaurants particularly the chefs. I say chefs but let’s be honest all is done is heating prepared food.

Honestly, I like the RCR for the novelty alone, but the menu has notably decreased in size and the food has definitely got worse over the years.

I feel that with RCR, the gimmick is always just about novel enough to balance out the food offering, even if it only just tips the scales towards it being a good experience.

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk