• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Romon World- Maurer Söhne X Car 2013

Andrew

TS Contributor
Well, I've never heard of this park, located in Ningbo, Zhejiang, China, but it appears that they are installing a Maurer Söhne X Car as their next big investment.

It is said to include a LSM launch, an inside top hat, a loop, and a heartline roll.

jkrvnli9nn51e0002tt7kp.jpg

It seems very interesting to say the least...

There's no news on a theme yet, or a name for this coaster, but, according to RCDB, it is the only coaster at the park!

There doesn't seem to be much space for brakes, switch track (if there's going to actually be one), the station and a launch along that straight. I guess it is a model though, so we'll just have to wait. :p

It doesn’t need a break run. This ride is almost a mirror of Freischütz at Bayern Park, Germany:

ncf9k7jhqhrh84e6000b6d.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4FEQGiajLI[/youtube]

As you can see the ride is designed for parks which don't need high throughputs (hence why you've never heard of the place before). As a result Maurer Söhne have saved space and parts by running single train operation and using the launch to break the ride at the end. If it's like Freischütz it will also have the ability to launch twice so that the ride performs two laps on quieter days.

I have mixed opinions on these rides as they really are a throughput disaster if the park ever becomes popular, Just look at how long queues for G-Force can be. On the other hand they’re supposed to be really good rides.

Yeah, an X car's interesting and all...

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS:

Nwj6HzF.jpg

That's right, lift-hill and top-hat. It's at the same park, and will be called Travel Through Europe. Supposed to be open in January.

That looks quite a lot like a mirrored, non-launched version of Kanonen.

EDIT: non-launched, not non-looping ::)

And as with any time Maurer unveils a new coaster design the entire rollercoaster community stands back, with fingers crossed and baited breath...

POV of the Intamin:

Hopefully the lift is running a bit slow, as it really crawled through the layout. Very impressive scenery though.

Really weird how much speed it loses at 15 seconds. Looks as though it was designed that way though, as I can't see that cable lift going any faster.