• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Run Chimpy, Run! (Legoland Windsor 24 Jul)

Alix

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Swarm or Oblivion
Theming: 8/10
Queue times 7/10
Facilities/cleanliness 6/10 (some Lego models need a good scrub)
Ride availability 9/10

Steps 15,571
Distance covered 12km
As usual we arrived about an hour before the park opened - the M4 is unpredictable and I hate the thought of being late. We had our plan for the day (the 3 creds, plus sky lion, monster house party, ninjago) and anything else was to be a bonus.

Gates opened, we headed off in the general direction of Mythica. Not running - this was to be a relaxing trip I told @Chimpy

First on the list was Sky Lion. Neither of us has done a flying theatre before, and I had very little idea what it would be. About a 20 minute queue, quite a bit of faff waiting for all belts to be checked, but was definitely worth it. We were middle row so could see the ceiling which is a shame (we later learned that happens no matter where you are) but other than that it’s a very good ride and we really enjoyed it. 9/10

Next was Fire and Ice free fall on a 5 minute queue. It was alright… there was small child reduced to tears as he wasn’t tall enough - not sure why his mum let him queue as it’s quite easy to check these things. 7/10. Mythica kind of done (it wasn’t the weather for getting wet) we started wandering off in the general direction of Dragon/Dragon’s Apprentice. Still no running, still relaxing…

Mia (aka Pony Spinning) was on 5 min queue which meant we walked on. Another small child reduced to tears due to lack of cm. There was quite a faff loading, but then we were off. Sat next to a mum and her boy who expressed surprise at the lack of restraints - she soon learned when it smacked her in the back that they do exist. Done it before, but still 8/10.

Next was Laser Raiders on 30 minute queue which turned out to be 40. Good theming inside, don’t think I’ve done this one before. The kid pen in the queue was a good idea but has no Lego - just screens and did cause one child to panic when her parents were at the furthest corner and she could no longer see them. We had a slight sense of humour failure when we found the second queue after the level crossing… everything just seemed to move so slowly. Good ride though, Chimp beat my score so she was happy, but ride photo was a waste as she was sat behind some tall bugger and couldn’t be seen. 7/10.

Next was Thunder Blazer because it had a tiny queue. However the ride op did her best to make it last even longer by losing her keys so we bailed and headed over to Dragon which was showing 10 minutes. This is when the rushing started. It was past 12 and our plan was not quite working so the Chimp got restless. As we joined the back of the queue that changed to 35. Actual queue time was 34 so not far off. I wasn’t sure if we’d done this before, and now I’m sure we hadn’t as I would have remembered the scenes. Possibly. The coaster itself was nothing much but those indoor scenes were nice so it gets 7/10.

Next was Merlin’s Challenge, I’m not a fan of round and round (pony spinning excepted) but it was zero queue. Was quite forceful leading to a slightly squished chimp but she survived. 4/10. And one of those points is for squishing the chimp.

Next up was Monster House Party… said 5 minutes, didn’t look like it but we had ice creams so joined anyway…the outside of the building is looking very rough in places, and I’m sure I don’t remember Hex bouncing like that. But it was another tick off the list. Definitely not a good as Hex, but 6/10.

After monster we headed off towards duplo coaster, stopping at Fairytale Brook on the way. Fairytale brook was looking not too bad - the wolf in the pond could do with a clean but otherwise all looked ok. 7/10

Then it was time for Duplocoaster, on a 15 minute wait. I can’t remember if Chimp did this when she was smaller, so to avoid argument we decided we’d do it again in again and claim that cred. I was surprised at how big the seats were - more roomy than some “proper” coasters, 6/10

Jolly Rocker - was walk on, waited to get back row. Sat next to a tiny person who loved every second 😂 9/10, one point for the mini thrill seeker sitting next to me with her hands up all the way.

Spider - spinning. Yuk. Done. 1/10

It was getting later in the day and I think people had started drifting off home. Ninjago had a 30 minute queue so we headed there. It was hot in there, theming in the building was good I thought, and an Interesting ride; firing was a bit hit and miss. Queue time slightly shorter than advertised. 8/10

We then headed to Dragon’s apprentice where the queue was as long as advertised, and the Lego building area was carnage with towers crashing around the place. But 3rd cred done plus comedy ride photo so 6/10.

Our main list now ticked we decided to head to 4d mythica although that felt quite a trek from where we were and was starting in 15 minutes. A quick trot over to the 4d cinema to get a soggy bum (from the wet bench, honest) and be slightly disappointed. 2/10.

We then decided we’d do some more of the flats as we headed back to Mythica to get another ride on Sky Lion.

Thunder blazer - very tame, glad no queue 2/10

Desert chase - very slow, never seen seat belts on a carousel before 1/10

Got to Mythica and Sky Lion was on 50 minutes, we still had just over an hour before queues closed so decided to do the Magical forest walkthrough - which was nice but the final scene was screens not real Lego so a little disappointing. The snail duck (dail? Snuck?) was interesting. 7/10.

Still had a bit of time to kill before joining last queue of the day so we did Fire & ice again on the other tower - fun little ride.

We then headed back to Sky lion, still advertising 50 minute queue but this was lies - there was hardly anyone in there! As we’d done middle before, we asked for bottom and ride host obliged. We were on within 10 minutes and sat it was still brilliant - best thing in the park. By the time we got off it was 17:59. We got out of there as quickly as we could and sprinted round to the entrance to try and squeeze one last ride in - and tbh, we always end up running at some point in the day. We got there, and were able to ask for a top row this time. The ride had an alarm go off so there was a slight hold up, but that allowed us to have a chat with the ride host which was nice. We were the only ones in the top row, and although it was still good, we’ve tested it and can confirm middle row (D) is the best. Still gets 9/10 wherever you sit though. Chimp thinks it could be improved by some heat and smoke when for the fire dragon scene, do that and it gets 10/10.
IMG_1611.jpeg
By the time we go out it was 18:30, so we took a slow wander back towards the exit, having a good look round mini land on our way. We braved the shop and I managed to leave it without spending any money (much to the Chimp’s disappointment).

All in all, a good day out, and we will be back for Brick or Treat in October.

Nailed it!
IMG_1619.jpeg

Last edited:
Queue times 7/10
Ride availability 9/10

Steps 15,571
Distance covered 12km
As usual we arrived about an hour before the park opened - the M4 is unpredictable and I hate the thought of being late. We had our plan for the day (the 3 creds, plus sky lion, monster house party, ninjago) and anything else was to be a bonus.

Gates opened, we headed off in the general direction of Mythica. Not running - this was to be a relaxing trip I told @Chimpy

First on the list was Sky Lion. Neither of us has done a flying theatre before, and I had very little idea what it would be. About a 20 minute queue, quite a bit of faff waiting for all belts to be checked, but was definitely worth it. We were middle row so could see the ceiling which is a shame (we later learned that happens no matter where you are) but other than that it’s a very good ride and we really enjoyed it. 9/10

Next was Fire and Ice free fall on a 5 minute queue. It was alright… there was small child reduced to tears as he wasn’t tall enough - not sure why his mum let him queue as it’s quite easy to check these things. 7/10. Mythica kind of done (it wasn’t the weather for getting wet) we started wandering off in the general direction of Dragon/Dragon’s Apprentice. Still no running, still relaxing…

Mia (aka Pony Spinning) was on 5 min queue which meant we walked on. Another small child reduced to tears due to lack of cm. There was quite a faff loading, but then we were off. Sat next to a mum and her boy who expressed surprise at the lack of restraints - she soon learned when it smacked her in the back that they do exist. Done it before, but still 8/10.

Next was Laser Raiders on 30 minute queue which turned out to be 40. Good theming inside, don’t think I’ve done this one before. The kid pen in the queue was a good idea but has no Lego - just screens and did cause one child to panic when her parents were at the furthest corner and she could no longer see them. We had a slight sense of humour failure when we found the second queue after the level crossing… everything just seemed to move so slowly. Good ride though, Chimp beat my score so she was happy, but ride photo was a waste as she was sat behind some tall bugger and couldn’t be seen. 7/10.

Next was Thunder Blazer because it had a tiny queue. However the ride op did her best to make it last even longer by losing her keys so we bailed and headed over to Dragon which was showing 10 minutes. This is when the rushing started. It was past 12 and our plan was not quite working so the Chimp got restless. As we joined the back of the queue that changed to 35. Actual queue time was 34 so not far off. I wasn’t sure if we’d done this before, and now I’m sure we hadn’t as I would have remembered the scenes. Possibly. The coaster itself was nothing much but those indoor scenes were nice so it gets 7/10.

Next was Merlin’s Challenge, I’m not a fan of round and round (pony spinning excepted) but it was zero queue. Was quite forceful leading to a slightly squished chimp but she survived. 4/10. And one of those points is for squishing the chimp.

Next up was Monster House Party… said 5 minutes, didn’t look like it but we had ice creams so joined anyway…the outside of the building is looking very rough in places, and I’m sure I don’t remember Hex bouncing like that. But it was another tick off the list. Definitely not a good as Hex, but 6/10.

After monster we headed off towards duplo coaster, stopping at Fairytale Brook on the way. Fairytale brook was looking not too bad - the wolf in the pond could do with a clean but otherwise all looked ok. 7/10

Then it was time for Duplocoaster, on a 15 minute wait. I can’t remember if Chimp did this when she was smaller, so to avoid argument we decided we’d do it again in again and claim that cred. I was surprised at how big the seats were - more roomy than some “proper” coasters, 6/10

Jolly Rocker - was walk on, waited to get back row. Sat next to a tiny person who loved every second 😂 9/10, one point for the mini thrill seeker sitting next to me with her hands up all the way.

It was getting later in the day and I think people had started drifting off home. Ninjago had a 30 minute queue so we headed there. It was hot in there, theming in the building was good I thought, and an Interesting ride; firing was a bit hit and miss. Queue time slightly shorter than advertised. 8/10

We then headed to Dragon’s apprentice where the queue was as long as advertised, and the Lego building area was carnage with towers crashing around the place. But 3rd cred done plus comedy ride photo so 6/10.

Our main list now ticked we decided to head to 4d mythica although that felt quite a trek from where we were and was starting in 15 minutes. A quick trot over to the 4d cinema to get a soggy bum (from the wet bench, honest) and be slightly disappointed. 2/10.

We then decided we’d do some more of the flats as we headed back to Mythica to get another ride on Sky Lion.

Got to Mythica and Sky Lion was on 50 minutes, we still had just over an hour before queues closed so decided to do the Magical forest walkthrough - which was nice but the final scene was screens not real Lego so a little disappointing. The snail duck (dail? Snuck?) was interesting. 7/10.

Still had a bit of time to kill before joining last queue of the day so we did Fire & ice again on the other tower - fun little ride.

We then headed back to Sky lion, still advertising 50 minute queue but this was lies - there was hardly anyone in there! As we’d done middle before, we asked for bottom and ride host obliged. We were on within 10 minutes and sat it was still brilliant - best thing in the park. By the time we got off it was 17:59. We got out of there as quickly as we could and sprinted round to the entrance to try and squeeze one last ride in - and tbh, we always end up running at some point in the day. We got there, and were able to ask for a top row this time. The ride had an alarm go off so there was a slight hold up, but that allowed us to have a chat with the ride host which was nice. We were the only ones in the top row, and although it was still good, we’ve tested it and can confirm middle row (D) is the best. Still gets 9/10 wherever you sit though. Chimp thinks it could be improved by some heat and smoke when for the fire dragon scene, do that and it gets 10/10.
IMG_1611.jpeg
By the time we go out it was 18:30, so we took a slow wander back towards the exit, having a good look round mini land on our way. We braved the shop and I managed to leave it without spending any money (much to the Chimp’s disappointment).

Nailed it!
IMG_1619.jpeg
I am glad that you got all the creds.

Queue times 7/10
Ride availability 9/10

Steps 15,571
Distance covered 12km

IMG_1611.jpeg

Nailed it!
IMG_1619.jpeg
Glad you both had a good time!

Queue times 7/10
Ride availability 9/10

Steps 15,571
Distance covered 12km

IMG_1611.jpeg

Nailed it!
IMG_1619.jpeg
That is definitely the best ride photo in our collection!

I'm glad you had a good time, How convinient that the ride op managed to "Lose" her keys for a while as the ride was quiet.

I'm glad you had a good time, How convinient that the ride op managed to "Lose" her keys for a while as the ride was quiet.
They were properly lost - she dropped them down a grate! I didn’t hang around to find out how they got them back. She didn’t look like she was enjoying life tbh.