• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SC Freiburg - Europa Park Stadion

RicketyCricket

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Taron
As there are a fair few football fans on here...

I've been keeping an eye on their results since the Europa Park stadium sponsorship and they're having an excellent season. A club with a modest history, they're currently 6th in the Bundesliga and tonight they welcome Juventus to Stade Europa Park in the Europa League.

Europa must be very pleased with the exposure from the clubs on field success. Juventus are by far the most well supported team in Italy, so a lot of eyes will be on Freiburg tonight.

Has anyone been to a game before? I'd been keen to tag one on to my next Europa Park visit.

EuropaParkStadion_1-1024x683.jpg

Not been to a game, we did briefly stop off at the Europa-Park Stadion when driving through Freiburg last summer. Not sure it is likely to happen as they are a stadium sponsor, but I would love EP to become Freiburg's shirt sponsor, as I would then be purchasing myself an SC Freiburg shirt!

Not been to a game, we did briefly stop off at the Europa-Park Stadion when driving through Freiburg last summer. Not sure it is likely to happen as they are a stadium sponsor, but I would love EP to become Freiburg's shirt sponsor, as I would then be purchasing myself an SC Freiburg shirt!

Would you not then have an existential crisis around whether to wear SC Friedberg or Leicester city shirts?

I was literally looking tonight at tickets for my next EP visit.

Unfortunately it’s against Bayern so tickets are non existent or £500 a pop. I certainly plan to visit….

Also as said above, I’d be all over a shirt if EP became their shirt sponsor.

I was literally looking tonight at tickets for my next EP visit.

Unfortunately it’s against Bayern so tickets are non existent or £500 a pop. I certainly plan to visit….

Also as said above, I’d be all over a shirt if EP became their shirt sponsor.
I've been to a fair few Bundesliga games before when in Germany and have got tickets on the day from touts for near enough face value. I guess that's not possible with Bayern in town in a fairly small ststadium. Might be worth a go though.

Thought Freiburg were at home tonight but apparently not. 1 nil defeat away in Turin. All to play for in the home leg.

Just a shame that it won't be allowed to be called the Europa-Park Stadion for the game! Still, I'm sure EP will be looking to make the most of Freiburg's European adventure.