• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Haikou

MakoMania

TS Member
Details are sparse at this time, but SeaWorld and Zonghong have announced the intention to open a new location in Haikou, China, that will be the 5th SeaWorld park in the world.

The park will be located on a resort island shown in the following concept images that is currently under construction.

Ruyi-Haikou-Island-3-1024x428.jpg

201511151834161447583656331.jpg

No details on rides, exhibits or other attractions have been released. The park is expected to feature an animal rescue, rehabilitation and return facility.

The park is not expected to open before SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, which is currently scheduled to open in 2022.

Details are sparse at this time, but SeaWorld and Zonghong have announced the intention to open a new location in Haikou, China, that will be the 5th SeaWorld park in the world.

The park will be located on a resort island shown in the following concept images that is currently under construction.

Ruyi-Haikou-Island-3-1024x428.jpg

201511151834161447583656331.jpg

No details on rides, exhibits or other attractions have been released. The park is expected to feature an animal rescue, rehabilitation and return facility.

The park is not expected to open before SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, which is currently scheduled to open in 2022.
Is it going to be indoors like SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, or is that not known yet? An island location is certainly cool, though! Is it going to be an actual island, or is it like Thorpe Park where it just has water running on both sides?

It's also great to see SeaWorld expanding so rapidly! First you have SeaWorld Abu Dhabi in 2022. Then I could have sworn they announced some sort of indoor park in Beijing, I think? And now, they have SeaWorld Haikou! They're clearly starting to recover!

Now let's hope that SeaWorld Haikou gets a B&M hyper like SeaWorld Orlando, alongside some awesome exhibits!
P.S. Sorry for asking so many questions.
EDIT: I think I imagined the indoor park in Beijing.

^You are not imagining things about the indoor park, Zonghong mentioned it quietly a while back but things have gone quiet since.

I have no idea if Haikou will be an indoor park or not, I would suspect not but you never know.

^You are not imagining things about the indoor park, Zonghong mentioned it quietly a while back but things have gone quiet since.

I have no idea if Haikou will be an indoor park or not, I would suspect not but you never know.
Ah OK. Thanks @MakoMania!