• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Shh... Spoilers

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble opening the spoiler tags?

I've tried to view content hidden within the spoiler tags recently and they simply fail to open and reveal what's inside. The only way for me to view this content is by going to make a post and quoting the post with the spoiler attached. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? [Using Google Chrome].

Same, think there are a few issues with the forum in general at the moment. Joel is working behind the scenes though, never fear! ;)

I blame @Joel. Great as the tag function is, if it breaks the rest of the forum *cough- thanks button* I can live without it ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
I blame @Joel. Great as the tag function is, if it breaks the rest of the forum *cough- thanks button* I can live without it ;)

The tag function didn't break the "thanks" option, a security patch for the forum software broke it.

Basically, in short:

SMF pushed out some updates a while ago that I never installed, but it pushed for them to be installed recently, so I did and that screwed up the forum and a couple of the mods we had installed.

The SMF software base is now so badly patched (with intermediate security patches), rolled back, patched again, edited, hacked and changed that I literally now need to reinstall the whole forum software and our mods from scratch again.

It looks like the custom thanks mod we had won't work at all, and now the spoilers mod won't work either, so until I can get to reinstalling the base forum, I can't fix them :(

Once University assignments are out of the way in a little over 20 days, I will be dedicating a day or two to sorting out the forum software and other bits that have eluded me over the last few months though :)