• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Shinedown Valley

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Opening March 16th 1991

Parklogo.png

Shot0013.jpg

The Beast Awakens - March 16th 1991

Shot0014.jpg

Looking good. :)

Brilliant architecture on the buildings and that woodie most of taken ages to support. :)

Looking good so far Danny!

I need a woodie in DMT Land but no space for it :(

Woodie looks sublime, creeping up that hill. Great landscaping.

I like your entrance architecture too. :)

I cant wait to see more of this woodie, it looks epic. Terrain as well as built up wood!

The entrance looks inviting for a park too. Look forward to seeing more.

Happy New Year everyone! 1991 is surely going to bring us many positive things, and I can finally give some insight into the brand new theme park "Shinedown Valley", set to open in March. Whilst the park is not yet ready for opening, [as several of the planned rides have yet to be installed] many of the local council and residents were recently invited inside to see the current progress.

In the two promotional images that the park revealed back in November 1990, we got a glimpse of the entrance to the park, as well as the signature wooden rollercoaster, officially named "The Beast". Work has since progressed on the entrance with the addition of ticket booths.

vqmg7d.jpg

ih19x5.jpg

And we're in!

5yydxl.jpg

34zx73r.jpg

Staff were being trained today in one of the shops on Shinedown Walk, which is the name for the area beyond the park gates.

fypx21.jpg

2lvd2yh.jpg

scaled.php

The next stop was The Beast. However, park staff prevented us from taking too many photos as not to spoil the entire layout.

fnb9qb.jpg

107lxcp.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

So far, we know the coaster has:

Two lift hills.
The coaster is mixed with a series of high hills as well as a terrain following aspect.
The finale of the ride sees the track run parallel up and down a hill, before banking left and entering the breaks.

The park have promised an overview of the ride layout soon, and we've been told some of the planned rides are on site in storage, ready to be installed.

Roll on March!