• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Shorty Awards

Ben

TS Founding Member
Favourite Ride
Your Dad
Hi Guys,

So theres been this thing, the Shorty Awards where using twitter people could vote for practically anything in any category... make sense? no?
For example I could have say tweeted 'I vote @cadbury in the #chocolate shortyawards because its like having actual heaven in my mouth' - with the #hastag being the categories.

So it turns out there was a UKThemeParks category and we won the category! Brilliant news!

Shorty Awards for UK Theme Parks

While the category itself isnt taken any further by the shorty awards themselves we are thrilled to have been recognised by our community members.
I'll be honest the whole thing confused me a little (and I think a few of the team) so we didn't publicise or ask for nominations yet we still triumphed, down to you guys.

So THANK YOU to all our voters and members for supporting us. With consistently growing meet-ups, a busy talk forum and this award win we are truly a proper community. NAAAAW.

I'm very impressed that we managed to win. We've only been going nine months, but to win this shows that there's an excellent community behind the site. Here's to hoping that we can keep this up! :D

You know it is because I am here.

I bring success wherever I go ;D

You are welcome Ben xxx

This whole Shorty Awards has been confusing me too.

I think I've heard of it before but first properly saw it when TowersTimes started advertising that they were going for it. So naturally I was kind of surprised to see TowersStreet was winning by miles even though no one on this site was even plugging it ;) On here at any rate

Anyway I don't quite understand what it means to have won but well done.

Magrathea said:
Neither do we but it's a nice cute little thing, thanks to anyone who voted! :)

Being able to put Shorty winner is certainly not to be sniffed at ;D

No more than your hard work deserves either.

^ What he said. :p

Well done to TowersStreet. I did notice TowersTimes advertising it on their site but I didn't think much of it, considering it's nothing I've heard of. Judging by the vote counts too it's not really a widely know award. But still a nice little thing anyway.

I find it rather amusing TowersStreet has won, without any mention of it on this site or Facebook or Twitter at all. :p

The ceremony is in New York, Im waiting for craig to sort my travel expenses out. See you all there, yeah?

I have read the original post three times and I literally don't understand it at all, but congratulations anyway. :D