• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Silly bets.

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
A topic for discussing some of the weird and wonderful bets that we see. A couple of examples from Paddy Power...

Odds on the Loch Ness Monster being discovered before 2020 - 250/1

Odds on when Alien existence will be proven..

So here is the place to post them and have a laugh!

I remember one silly bet from the 2012 Opening Ceremony for the Olympics. William Hill (my site of choice) had odds of 33 to 1 for Boris Johnson's hair to catch on fire during the ceremony - I was so tempted to pop a quid or two on it for a laugh. :p

I find things like Big Ben being unable to chime due to being frozen solid, and the Thames to free solid (I know it happened centuries ago) quite amusing.

I remember one silly bet from the 2012 Opening Ceremony for the Olympics. William Hill (my site of choice) had odds of 33 to 1 for Boris Johnson's hair to catch on fire during the ceremony - I was so tempted to pop a quid or two on it for a laugh. :p
TBH with Boris it was a real possibility.