• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Snow watch

Had quite a good covering in Dudley, West Mids yesterday morning and afternoon. None today. Still cold and white/icy everywhere. Main roads are fine to drive on now. Didn't bother going out yesterday.

We've got hardly anything up here in Congleton. Guess who's got to take his car for its service and MOT tomorrow morning, though? Oh yeah, that'd happen to be me...

Lovely four inch blanket of white here in Lancashire, which gives me an unexpected week off work.
Double joy!
Pruning and clearing the dead stuff at a punters garden last Thursday morning at minus five, but I have now run out of frost work working from paths, and the forecast means nothing until Friday at the earliest.

We got a bit on Sunday here in Gloucestershire, but not much. It had mostly melted by the end of Sunday.

Down in my corner of Essex nearly everywhere has a good few inches. Except my town. Somehow we were missed entirely, but if you go about a mile in any direction it's covered. I'm livid!

Last edited:
Nothing down here in Exeter at the moment. Looked promising for a sprinkling of snow yesterday but didn’t come to anything. Think it’s getting warmer now for the weekend

Same early snow still stuck fast on side roads and gardens round here, had to rope the back doors on my car together internally because the locks jammed...some idiot using watering cans of warm water on the car windows again.
Sadly, still not working outdoors, so skim plastering the hallway and painting the hall stairs and landing...white emulsion on white...will be snowblind by teatime!

We got about 3-4 inches in Essex on Sunday evening and its all still here, I'm not expecting it to melt until Saturday looking at the forecast temperatures.

Hahaha...just put ours back up after washing!
Good timing mate.
Main road, modest front garden, roaring stove that sometimes requires nakedness, even in midwinter.
Fancy blinds, then plain nets to hide behind.
I will get told off for the creases, but I'm a rebel, not ironing nets.