• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sponsored rides: Your opinion

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Do you think that sponsored rides are good, are you indifferent to them, or do you hate them?

I don't think that sponsored rides have ever added anything to a ride. I am usually indifferent to them. For example, I'm sure, even though most of us (including me) haven't been on it, Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea is world-class. Despite this, it is sponsored by Dai-ichi Life, a major insurance company in Japan.
However, sponsorships can ruin a ride. Oblivion's Fanta sponsorship in 2011 is proof of this. What do you think?

Do you think that sponsored rides are good, are you indifferent to them, or do you hate them?

I don't think that sponsored rides have ever added anything to a ride. I am usually indifferent to them. For example, I'm sure, even though most of us (including me) haven't been on it, Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea is world-class. Despite this, it is sponsored by Dai-ichi Life, a major insurance company in Japan.
However, sponsorships can ruin a ride. Oblivion's Fanta sponsorship in 2011 is proof of this. What do you think?
Done right it's good (PMBO stands out), key thing I think is just is it jarring

I think back in the 90’s/early 00’s sponsorships really worked.
Like at Drayton Manor you had:

Apocalypse sponsored by multiple music stations and all they did was play their music in the queue line and add a couple of posters/banners.

Golden nuggets like the own ride was sponsored and themed to a cereal brand.

Shockwave with 7up and N power

Even G-Force was sponsored by radio stations.

The only ride at Drayton Manor that was sponsored awfully was the black Revolver when Tango sponsored the ride.

Every ride at Disney is sponsored and the money goes into the upkeep of that attraction

Every ride at Disney is sponsored and the money goes into the upkeep of that attraction
That's definitely not true, even at the Tokyo Disney Resort, which has the highest quantity of sponsored rides at any Disney park(s), there are rides which are not sponsored eg. Sinbad's Storybook Voyage.

Depends what the sponsor wants for their money really.
An in theme banner above the entrance to an area and a logo on the map? Thankyou for your contribution.
Their product slapped all over the ride experience to the determent of the theme and experience? Thanks but no thanks.