• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sunshine!

GaryH

TS Member
Ok, so in this lovely weather (and I notice Alton have put something on Facebook today about hanging upside down on the Smiler) - one thing I always think is how much I would rather be in Alton on a day like this than stuck in work!

What is your one must do thing when you visit Alton on a beautiful sunny day?

For me, its heading to ATH at the end of the day, getting a cold pint of Becks and sitting on the white chairs (that weigh a ton) in the rear of the hotel in the sunshine and reflecting on what a good day i've had!

For me, it's riding the water rides to cool down, although it's harder because the Flume's gone.

I love lying by the lake on days like this. When I get too hot it's Battle Galleons and then back to lying down :)

I like battle galleons on a hot day.
I love how it's queue is either empty or full.

But the best has to be when the rapids are set to maximum soak.

Has to be the rapids, especially now the flume is no more.

I must say though, the rapids have been massively tamed down after the accident across at Drayton Manor. I noticed on Friday that the water guns are not in operation any longer, neither is the huge waterfall towards the centre of the ride. When I asked an employee they advised these had to be taken out of the ride experience as "these elements cause passengers to stand up". Disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They aren't, and judging by what the ride operators are saying they won't be switched back on either.

I think after the Smiler incident AT are terrified of any further accidents, and will take as many precautions as possible to ensure guest safety.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Best put one of their favourite wooden fences around the lake then, just in case someone falls in.

Sitting under the pines by the towers. Oh, what I'd give to be doing that today! :p