• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sweden Trip

Wildboy1983

TS Member
Im planning to do a Sweden Trip next August bank holiday and I would like to purchase the flight tickets over the festive season as they are often cheaper in the festive period when everyone is too busy stuffing themselves. Problem is that Kolmarden and Grona Lund have really patchy calendars and have not yet released the dates for next year so I am wondering if anyone has a copy of the 23 calender for either of these parks in order for me to place a bet on them being open the same time next year?

The Swedish park season seems to be quite a bit shorter than other countries in Europe (i.e. compared to the German and Belgian parks for example the Swedish ones seem to open a month later and close earlier as well).

I was in the exact same position last year wanting to know when the 2023 season would begin and so I sent an email to Grona Lund in the off season and they were actually able to tell me when the park would reopen. This year (2023) tickets went on sale March 21st and the park opening day was April 29th.

If you send them an email at [email protected] they will hopefully be able to give you the Grona Lund and Kolmarden dates for 2024.

For Liseberg the contact email is [email protected]

Last edited:
I have my first ever visit to liseberg booked for may half term and took a risk with opening due to such a great deal in their new hotel and then a ba reward flight (all is actually cancelable though except a small admin fee for the flight). Looking back a previous openings until June they seem to open Thursdays to Sundays from end of April. So booked to be there the Thursday to Saturday, so confident the park will be open. I like the fact their opening hrs for the thurs and fri that time of year are 3pm-10pm as get to experience the park at night plus can do some other things in Gothenburg before the park opens.

Not sure if the new water park will be open or not (listed as opening in spring) but not fused if not as not the biggest water park fan.