• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Talbot Street Tuesday

That said, I also realise that we had a pretty sizable history update on the site recently that I have not yet had chance to properly show off. So, as a one-off treat, please allow me to present the rarest of sights... A Talbot Street Wednesday!

The hotel side of the resort has seen a lot of chopping and changing (and dare we say downgrading) this closed season, with the loss of the Spa, as well as several of the resort's themed suites and rooms.

They join a rich line-up of former resort attractions. We've gathered a selection of the former attractions from around the hotel complex in our brand-new Resort of the Past section of the site. Like the Pirate Bill Kid Club, which operated out of the upper floor of the Pirate Lagoon Pool during the 90s.

53485347511_1dbc4c0c05_c.jpg
k

I vaguely remember this. And the lagoon pool. From what I recall it was a few hours where the rents could hit the bar and have a beer whilst we were occupied with Butlins style entertainment

All signs suggest that this year the Ruins of Alton Towers will be open to explore again, after several years closed to the public.

So what better time to have a look at our brand-new guide to the Towers: their construction, decline and what is left today.

The ruins are a fascinating glimpse into the past of this important piece of UK heritage and well worth a look, in between rides, if they are open next time you're in the park.

towers-labelled.jpg

Just wondering what went on with the bangeueting hall window? I see in appears different to what it is now in the pre wat tea room photo. The window appears VERY different? I did not think they did any work that late into the houses life.

Excellent writeup there, @Squiggs! Given the two proposed new scare maze tents it would be nice if there were no mazes in the Towers this Scarefest and such they'd be accessible then for the first time in years (my only regular visit is Scarefest nowadays). Loved the views from the roof and would be nice to go up there again!

Good write-up on the ruins 👍
Thanks, I've been meaning to get something up for a while, as it's always been a bit of a gap on Towers Street.

Just wondering what went on with the bangeueting hall window? I see in appears different to what it is now in the pre wat tea room photo. The window appears VERY different? I did not think they did any work that late into the houses life.
Ah, the window in the Tea Room picture is the 'other' window in the Banqueting Hall. So much time is spent discussing the celebrated bay window in the north wall of the room, it is often overlooked that there's another quite beautiful original stained-glass window in the south wall of the room too. I've just added a picture of it into the site galleries, as it seemed like an omission to not have one in there:
53616393002_07218e2323_c.jpg

Needless to say, there's still quite a lot of Towers and Gardens related bits and pieces I would like to get onto the site, so hopefully I can get a steady stream of additional info up in the coming months.