• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Team Decisions

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Good point on the forums being closed off.

Now I am however, getting frustrated at making this point over and over again.

I agreed entirely with the decision the team made, no where, ever, at any point did I say otherwise.

I have absolutely no idea where that has even come from! I have found my self here, defending against points that don't even exist.

I had one issue that I raised initially that was all - how it could come across and blur the lines of what the relationship between AT/TST was. That is it. And only in how it was worded, I even presented (a poor, quick example) of how a neutral statement may have looked!! That's hardly questioning the decision is it?

Dave then questioned how I could find the manner it was worded to be bias (I say, could appear, and it could), but agree with the decision.

The decision was a no-brainer, common sense - all I pointed out was how it could come across, with those particular quotes about AT - and it is all I am still pointing out.

I also provided that scope as a "noob", as it is a view few others of you can offer legitimately. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think the issue is that, at the end of the day, it's a bit of a non-issue that's been blown out of all proportion. I don't think any new member that comes in and sees that would immediately think AT had us in their back pocket.

Reading through this topic, I can't help but feel this is a debate for debate's sake.

I trust the team here will always act in the best interests of the community, however they choose to word their sentences.

Apologies if I misread your posts but calling us clinical and implying that we don't make a great first impression to new members isnt a large jump from unfriendly.
I was on the old site with the majority of the members on here and a long long time ago the age of 'cliques' went away and on here its much more welcoming that other forums I read.

I'd like to point that you've been around several months now with a high post count, and not one based purely in the tavern, so I certainly don't count you as a new member anymore - and looking at the team reports etc no-one new has raised any concerns, we've had some off the older members drop off a little lately - but its as people have grown up and grown away, not due to the forums. So I think perhaps your view of being a representative new member isnt one that is particularly true, and it certainly doesnt alarm me.

While I am a Team Member I am also my own person, Im allowed opinions of my own, as we all are as members of the team, we were recruited down to our personality style on the forums more than anything. So while we often share a team approach such as the discussion last night as to what to do with the topic, we are also allowed to post as ourselves and certainly do differ on opinions time to time - which is why we make a great team.

As others have said if you feel there are issues against you as a person on the forum, please flag the post so we as a team can review it.

I dont have much more to say in general, infact Im off to bed, theres times when even the Tavern Landlord needs a break!

I also feel there is some debate for the sake of it. If I were to look back at the last 6 years I have been moderating an Alton Towers forum... this really is a complete non event.

Closed season, it is!

Look, let me make this clear for everyone as this is doing my head in now properly. It's ridiculous.

I made a post, I made clear it was an opinion, from a certain view, that is all.

From that point onwards, much of what I have said has been blown out of proportion, or just completely falsified - like me disagreeing with the team, because I didn't.

I was asked how I could agree with the team, but find the statement to be bias. I merely point out, it came across a bit pally pally, but that the decision was without question the correct one to make.

I have spent much of this debating things I did not even suggest! I am however not going to just sit here and let people just finding this thread, think that I was critical of Craig's decision - I was not, because I agreed with it. Still do. I would have done exactly the same thing

All I said basically was, I'd have worded it a bit more neutrally, and I stand by that - but in regards to the OP (in here), that's all it was.

So If I'm getting this right...

This is all to do with the one use of the word "supporting" which you feel may be misconstrued as TST being officially tied to Alton Towers and therefore putting off newer members from posting critical/negative posts about the park?

I don't think that it would have that effect since the most cursory of glances across popular topics in the Alton Towers boards show a plethora of views and criticism about the park by lots of members, many of which are prominent characters in the community.

Second of all, I don't think many people would misconstrue the concept of "Supporting" as being without criticism in the first place.

I am palming my face, asking you to find something else to interest you before february/march and to stop worrying over incredibly trivial things such as whatever vague silly point you're arguing over right now.
Take me; tonight could have been shit but I had alcohol. Now tonight is good. Didn't take riding Nemesis.

I think it's fair to say that this thread has now gone full circle. So, at this point, to avoid any further escalation, I have taken the decision to lock the topic.

If anybody has any further queries as to any of the discussion, then please feel free to send one of the team a message!

Thanks!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.