• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tesco - You gits.

Novas

TS Member
When I re-joined the enthusiast fold a couple of months ago I decided I'd better start hitting Tesco hard so that I could get a free new MAP. The cut off date for the next clubcard statement is the 4th May, so I was chuffed today to realise that I have amased 4657 points in the last 2.5 months (a standard MAP is 4600.)

Or so I thought. The buggers have only gone and put it up to 5000 at some point in the last week! I now have one week to spend another £340 in Tesco...

I'm sure it was only about £35 worth of points only a couple of years back. If they keep putting it up it'll get to the point where we may as well just pay cash for the pass and use the clubcard points for something that will be of much better value to us. They are indeed being gits.

Tesco dont set the main part of the price. That is done by merlin. Tesco just take a small cut, the main part is whatever merlin ask for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A standard MAP is £143 online, so £50 of clubcard vouchers is less than 3 x the trade in value. Just a year ago you could expect 4x trade in value on just about every clubcard reward!

Think I'll wait until the next Clubcard Exchange event and get £200.00 off a new TV or something instead...