• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thank you Alton Towers 2013

BigDave

TS Member
I think many people would like to join me in thanking the Alton Towers team for a great year. Its been an interesting one and I dare say the park themselves will admit that its had many low points, mainly aimed around The Smiler. That said, the park have been great with competitions and interacting with the fan community. The fireworks and scarefest were great and there did seem to be a feeling that the park were listening and often shared the same views of the fan community.

We moaned and questioned various ride close times and it got changed. We asked for more lights during scarefest and we got them. We asked for a themed firework show and we got that too. Im not saying its just us that they listen to, but it certainly seems like the park is prepared to listen, admit when they made mistakes and make changes.

So thank you everyone at the resort. From the great and enthusiastic ride hosts, right up to the resort managers. I have loved the season as a whole and yes, The Smiler is a worthy Nemesis contender. Hopefully it will get some attention over closed season and that will aid the 2014 season to be equally as amazing!

My utmost respect for everyone across the resort this yeah. All the staff (and I mean all of them) have made a huge difference around the park this year and their demeanor and their initiative to go a little bit further to make us laugh is definitely appreciated by me! Was on park for 3 days this year, and at the end of every day, I had something nice to tell Guest services about how great everyone had been. Good on the whole team!

Some mis-steps were evident during the Smiler's construction period and operational life, but I've been consistently impressed on how promptly they got around to rectifying problems. I'm sure that Alton Towers knows what needs to be done over this closed season, and I expect that the Smiler is going to be receiving some extensive TLC this winter to make sure than nothing of the sort comes to fruition again.

Hope that they make 2014 an even better year!

There has been ups and downs all season but I think it's been a strong year for the park. When running well The Smiler is an incredible ride and the fireworks event really shows just how much potential the park truly has

Hopefully 2014 will build on this year and move the park further forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It has indeed been a very up and down year for Towers.

Ents deserve the biggest well done for their efforts this season. Having Pete Cliff at the helm and the department now having a little more creative control has really improved the place. The Park Keepers, The Bravo Band, the improved pirate show, Scarefest improvements, hotel entertainments improvements and of course the best fireworks display in a very long time! Entertainments has been the biggest force into making this season a good one.

I feel this year has been much like 2010... the year when the park feels like it is actually going a step in the right direction. I just hope 2014 proves that they will continue to go in a good direction.

Well for a start James we're getting new attractions next year to help entice families to the park. That betters 2011 already ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.