• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The current best coaster manufacturer.

Who presently makes the best coasters?

• Mack

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • B&M

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Intamin

• Gerstlauer

• Dynamic Attractions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S&S

• Vekoma

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • GCI

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • RMC

• Other

• Total voters
Re RMC, I will say what I said in another topic, I have been on the New Texas Giant and very recently Iron Rattler, ie a few days ago and these two RMC creations left me quite empty. They do not compare to any Intamin hypers ie Expedition G-Force, Bizarro or Walibis Goliath. Those three left me wanting more and made me want to run round to the entrance to ride again. Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant didnt. In the case of Iron Rattler, its ok and has a great drop, but a poor middle section, followed by a great drop / tunnel into the brakes leaves you wanting so much more. If it had continued and done a bit more then I would have rated it better.

However, for Iron Rattler to be number 10 in Mitch Hawkers poll and New Texas Giant to be number 2 leaves me somewhat flabbergasted. They are decent rides but nowhere near top 10 material for me.

Last edited:
I can't currently make my mind up.

Do I go with the manufacturer who pushes boundaries the furthest, builds the highest quality coasters or the one who builds the coasters which put the largest smile on my face...?

If this is about ride quality then B&M, without a shadow of a doubt.
Boundary-pushing? Intamin and, to a slightly lesser extent, RMC.
But a GCI gives me a larger grin, and none of their new rides look boring...

I think I'll go with Sartori or Zamperla.

I've gone for B&M - although they have gone 'stale' in the last few years I think the introduction of a launch could again make them the 'must-have' manufacturer that they once were. Of course ride quality, there is no contest.

I quite want to go on the dodgy SLC ripoffs, with brake failures and a sense of dread. So the Golden Horse Amusement Equipment Co. Ltd.