• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The "I WANT THAT CREDIT!!" thread.

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
A place to post rides you'd LOVE to add as a credit, but alas, the chances of obtaining it are slim. This could because they're in a communist country/a place you don't really want to visit just for that coaster/you don't think you'd actually have the bottle to do it when you get there etc etc!

I will start with these couple I found:

This Space Mountain style premier launch in Mumbai! It looks pretty awesome! But not awesome enough to travel to Mumbai.

Deep Space roller coaster at Adlabs Imagica:

This odd thing in Japan, for the curved lift and a rather "WTF?" mid course moment, now closed:
Delphis, at Festival Gate, Japan

And of course, this coaster, just looks brilliant.
The legendary GRAVITY MAX at Discovery World, Taiwan (assume it's still operating).

Well, if we're allowed closed rides then I'm going to have to say Moonsault Scramble from Fuji-Q! The fact it pulls 6.2G in the inversion has EVERYTHING to do with my decision!

I've always wanted to go to Gold Reef City in Johannesburg, mainly for the rather sketchy looking Tower of Terror, a coaster with a 160 foot vertical drop of the side of a genuine relocated mining tower (the original Baron 1898 ;)) and reportedly pulls 6.3g! They also have a Giovanola invert and a weight-drop Schwartzkopf shuttle loop.

Well, if we're allowed closed rides then I'm going to have to say Moonsault Scramble from Fuji-Q! The fact it pulls 6.2G in the inversion has EVERYTHING to do with my decision!

That's a stunning coaster. A boomer with a pretzel knot and G's like Mindbender apparently! (Maybe you should ride that, it seems to be about the same).

Look at that support structure! Stunning!!

2044396.jpg

rc003pic.jpg

Wow!

Is that the most beautiful support structure ever made?

Last edited:
Can't remember what it's called, but that one on top of a building in Indonesia (?) where the seats tip forward over the edge.

If I could pick any ride ever, it'd probably be Eagle's Fortress at Everland. Sadly standing but not operating for about five years now.

ajd19pg00akmf0000026i2.jpg

nah, it's a proper rollercoaster type thing, goes around the roof. Don't mean Stratosphere Tower. Sure it's South East Asia.

no, and it's not that other Intamin one that never opened either. We're not talking about an impressive coaster here, like. It's probably powered actually.

We all know the only true answer is Eagle's Fortress. Runner up is Atlantis Adventure, because who doesn't want the Aquatrax credit?

Atlantis%20Adventure%2002.JPG

Bit of an interesting one from me but either Manta's at Sea World:

9155t001c89m080026ij48.jpg
8j2mo005h2e8100096ucic.jpg

But I here you cry "why can't I go on these coasters in highly popular tourist destinations?"

Because they are at Sea World and due to the Blackfish situation it's unlikely that I or anyone I visit with will be supporting the parks. Which is a shame because I very much support their rides (these two being on my must ride list since the concept art was released) but I don't want anything to do with their other attractions.

Because they are at Sea World and due to the Blackfish situation it's unlikely that I or anyone I visit with will be supporting the parks. Which is a shame because I very much support their rides (these two being on my must ride list since the concept art was released) but I don't want anything to do with their other attractions.

Out of interest does that mean you also won't visit either of the Busch parks whilst they are owned be SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment? Money going to the same place and whatnot.

:)

I'd stop visiting Merlin then too...

Blackstone is Blackstone!

Right, so this topic is going to be full of coasters at Merlin parks because people don't want to use Merlin, who are Blackstone, who are Busch Gardens, who are Sea World.

I confess.

That wasn't really the general idea of my topic, to have people more likely to ride Deep Space Mumbai over Manta.

Out of interest does that mean you also won't visit either of the Busch parks whilst they are owned be SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment? Money going to the same place and whatnot.

:)
I hoped you'd ask that.

I would still visit the Busch parks because I don't want to see SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment fail. I want them to change. Their rides (the two above being perfect examples) look brilliant, and you Rob speak very highly of the Busch parks. My only issue is the few exhibits at Sea World that I don't feel should have a place in modern entertainments.

Now from my experience the easiest way to make a company like Sea World want to change is when they see an attraction has lost popularity. We see it all the time with rides, they start getting older, maintenance becomes too high and so the company replace it with something new, everyone wins.
In an ideal world I would be telling everyone "Keep going to Sea World, But don't go in the stadiums", can you imagine the company's response if day after day the rides are packed but the stadiums empty! they'd want to replace them ASAP.
But that's not going to happen as I can't get everyone to think in the same way. So the best solution I can see is to support the more ride based Busch parks, but not the Sea World ones in the hope that gets across the same message.