• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Liverpool Dungeon

tayspru

TS Member
This is a project that I have been working on for the past few days, a new dungeons in the largely vacant Liver building, Liverpool. I chose this as I wanted to make a horror type attraction, but couldnt stick to one particular theme. I plan to include some rides and play on local history, as well as include dungeons classics. I built the famous exterior on one bench, and the interiors are on another. Two pictures for today:

29fq12.jpg

Key visual for the promotion of the attraction.

20ib884.jpg

The exterior of the new entrance that was added to the listed exterior.

-Tayler

So I would have had more to show you all, but I just had to start over when I received some special unreleased CS from StationJimJr, so there are currently only 2 rooms ready to show.

2ry3x48.jpg

New High-Res Logo

n3qccl.jpg

"Hello, and welcome to the Liverpool Dungeons, we sincerely hope you have a pleasant visit... except for you sir, in the Everton shirt, I do hope the hangman catches up with you... In the next 90 minutes you will hear some of the city's most terrifying tales, meet some of the most chilling characters, and meet your inevitable doom... so close... so very close... tick...tock...tick...tock..."

5yfdat.jpg

"Ah the lift is ready for you all. Come on, squeeze in, we've just had Americans in madam, there's certainly room for you all... yes sir even you. See the wheels turn... round and round... turning... and turning... Oh be careful down there in the sewers... who knows whats lurking behind a barrel. Mind the rats too..."

The lifts actually carry guests up to the 3rd floor of the building, but new AV effects simulate the feeling of a descent.

2nleixg.jpg

"Ah here we are... off you pop... I haven't got all day sir, I have more victims waiting upstairs. Did I say victims? I meant guests... Tarraa..."

v7yyq9.jpg

14aflp1.jpg

v6s0fd.jpg

- Tayler

You could include a scary tale about a once-exciting city that has been reduced to the kind of backwards-looking place where a cloying, mawkish nostalgia and a longing for a bygone halcyon age is seen as the only form of entertainment worth enjoying.

Terrifying!

tayspru said:
"Hello, and welcome to the Liverpool Dungeons, we sincerely hope you have a pleasant visit... except for you sir, in the Everton shirt, I do hope the hangman catches up with you... In the next 90 minutes you will hear some of the city's most terrifying tales, meet some of the most chilling characters, and meet your inevitable doom... so close... so very close... tick...tock...tick...tock..."

Cheers. ;) :p

The Tunnels and "Mersey Tunnels: Boat Ride to Hell" (Part 1)

30uwiuq.jpg

2it4nip.jpg

140m5wh.jpg

"The winding corridors of the MerseyTunnels have been home to prisoners, the mad, and the generally unsavoury characters of Liverpool. Mind your step..."

fu8hec.jpg

m0l6q.jpg

2570duf.jpg

"Unfortunately the only way out is along the channels of the sewers. Its four to a boat, so squeeze up. If you're with family, I hope you like each other. If not, you're about to become very close with one of the other visitors... hold your breath, and hold on tight...

"Mersey Tunnels: Boat Ride to Hell" takes in the sights and smells of Liverpool's sprawling tunnel system, and features 2 drops. There is also a cowards way out that allows customers to bypass the boat ride by a hidden set of stairs.

2ildg86.jpg

339ordl.jpg

2na8hmw.jpg

dmb9zm.jpg

28kjxu0.jpg

Part two of the boat ride update will feature the second lift and final drop, and hopefully a POV

-Tayler

This is great! I always try to start something like this thinking it'll be great, then realise I don't have the patience after five minutes of building. :)

So this is my first dark ride POV, so I kind of built it on a wing and a prayer. I have zero knowledge of mixmaster, so effects like the flooding and wall breach arent as punchy as I'd have liked, but as I say it has all been new territory for me :)

"Is everyone seated? Good, hold your breath and hold on tight..."

Mersey Tunnels - ABC Flume Ride - Liverpool Dungeons (RCT3)

"Welcome to the docks, glad to see you all made it out alive. Athough you sir, I wouldnt have objected either way. Regardless please ensure you hae all of your belongings, then its straight down that welcoming looking alley, down to the surgery to make sure you havent caught anything..."

- Tayler

This looks absolutely stunning!! Im surprised that Liverpool hasn't already got a dungeons to be honest, the city is steeped in history!

You should totally add a section for the legend of Spring Heeled Jack. Very freaky urban myth from Liverpool.

I'm gonna keep a close on this project! :D

Stevie said:
You should totally add a section for the legend of Spring Heeled Jack. Very freaky urban myth from Liverpool.
That awkward moment when you're reading about this story, and Wikipedia claims one of the main suspects was someone with your name... :p

Anyways, this looks absolutely brilliant! Really loving the attention to detail and quality of the lighting you've used. It's stunning! Keep it up :D

Thanks for all of the comments guys :) I'll be scanning the full map shotly, until then...

j67bc4.jpg

"The backstreets of Toxteth are no place for such kind folks as yourselves. What with all the murder and pickpockets... Come in come in, the doctor is just dying to meet you, we have modern cures for many ailments, leeches, smelling salts... although I doubt theres much we can do in your case sir...

w2k1hc.jpg

rsvblc.jpg

27zkx3s.jpg

ejikns.jpg

"Sit down sit down. Good. Now then, this fellow here has been rather ... unfortunate... in that he is positively, absolutely, 100% ....dead... So lets have a look inside. Now, first thing you'll notice is the black lumps there on his lung... well that my friends is the plague, isn't that just lovely! Just get rid of that, bursting it should do the trick *water spray effect* ... ooh sorry about that. Now, lets have a look at some of the old tools of the trade. This is for... well ask your mum , ey? Now where are my leeches?

Oh dear... looks like they've escaped *4D seat effect, lumps move under seat*. Sorry about that. I hope they havent attracted the rats *leg ticklers*

ftq8w4.jpg

"Now then, this, my fine guests, is the chair. A little bird tells me you're all direct from the sewers. Surely one of you requires treatment... You! Sit down here. I'll just get the leeches, and drain out the excess blood in the system..." *Draws curtain* "This won't hurt a bit... Well, maybe a little bit... "*Blood splashes appear on curtains, scream effects play*

- Tayler

Well this is all rather impressive. A unique idea for RCT. I look forward to seeing more. :D

Mighty fine work, really would like to be able to do something like this :)