• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin Annual Pass 2016 January Sale

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Iron Gwazi
The MAP January Sale has been announced, and the sale prices are as follows:

dHA63UA.png

Renewal prices are:

53MFQiI.png

There is also a new TV ad for the sale:

Prices have a dropped a small amount from last year's sale prices but not a great deal! The perks seem to have not changed at all with regards the Premium Pass. All the details are here.

Last edited:
It seems the full annual pass price hasn't actually gone up this year, which is quite shocking as it usually goes up every year!

Maybe Merlin have learnt from the mistakes of last years sale by putting the prices up for the sale.

Also nice to see premium pass and renewals are both in the sale this year, something that hasn't always been in past years.

Looking through the terms of 2016 I can't seem to see anything major or of interest, it also seems there is no pin badge this year, just a pop badge for adults and children in the premium pack.

Reactions: Tom
Good to see they haven't gone up. Still debating about renewing mine though.

Prices rises will come into effect on 15 February.

They got reprimanded last year for comparing sale 'savings' against the future price rise, which hadn't yet taken effect at any point prior to the sale.

I still don't find the annual pass appealing anymore. I held one from 2002-2012ish but then just felt I didn't want to visit those parks over and over again. This year I will do Thorpe for the first time in three years due to the new Derren Brown ride and will do AT for fireworks as usual. Those two trips should cost £30 or less using booking online or a 2for1. I could do Dungeon and Tussauds again but don't feel a great need to. Therefore even at sale price I would only barely make enough trips to make it worthwhile.

I am delighted to see than common sense has prevailed, and Merlin have not increased pass prices for the sale this year.

This will at least keep some people satisfied, although obviously not everyone.

:)

I am delighted to see than common sense has prevailed, and Merlin have not increased pass prices for the sale this year.

This will at least keep some people satisfied, although obviously not everyone.

:)
It's got to be bad though if merlin are recognising that they can't increase the price again. Though (correct me if I'm wrong) 1 dark ride, a campsite, a hotel extention and a ride retheme is all they are offering as new, as well as shutting rides and reducing quality, then they have no reason to increase the price.

They've been forced into making this strategy, 'common sense' or recognising they haven't made enough additions has nothing to do with it. Prices will rise after every January sale from now on, so the sale prices in next January's sale will be higher.

Them sale prices are where the normal prices for the passes should be.

I am very tempted to get one for the first time since..... 2006, when they were £87.

Just got home from Work and had a letter from Merlin n stating that the MAP Memberships are being cancelled. (For those who don't know the MAP Membership is the same as the MAP but you paid £15.99 monthly instead of all up front. It was launched 3 years ago but not offered in the last 2 years. The letter states that Feb will be the last payment (mine has already been taken ) and that the pass will still be valid until 30th September so get most of the season free. Just runs out before scare fest and fireworks. It also states that MAP members can get a MAP at the sale price until 30th November. The general sales does end this Sunday. I've had an annual pass since 2000 when Tussards introduced them. I'm just gutted my membership has been cancelled. It did cost £50 more in the start but overall it cost £192 over the year..... just gutted Merlin have pulled it at the start of the season even though I do get most of it free to soften the blow.....

Cheers Merlin for a wonderful start to the season ..... I'll still get the MAP as I always have done.... would've loved the membership to run on though.

Just thought I'd let you guys know as I joined the MAP Membership on day 1 when it was launched.... off to Tesco now to hammer club card points to get a cheaper MAP next year

Just got home from Work and had a letter from Merlin n stating that the MAP Memberships are being cancelled. (For those who don't know the MAP Membership is the same as the MAP but you paid £15.99 monthly instead of all up front. It was launched 3 years ago but not offered in the last 2 years. The letter states that Feb will be the last payment (mine has already been taken ) and that the pass will still be valid until 30th September so get most of the season free. Just runs out before scare fest and fireworks. It also states that MAP members can get a MAP at the sale price until 30th November. The general sales does end this Sunday. I've had an annual pass since 2000 when Tussards introduced them. I'm just gutted my membership has been cancelled. It did cost £50 more in the start but overall it cost £192 over the year..... just gutted Merlin have pulled it at the start of the season even though I do get most of it free to soften the blow.....

Cheers Merlin for a wonderful start to the season ..... I'll still get the MAP as I always have done.... would've loved the membership to run on though.

Just thought I'd let you guys know as I joined the MAP Membership on day 1 when it was launched.... off to Tesco now to hammer club card points to get a cheaper MAP next year
Whooop! Tesco vouchers all the way , MAP for £50 thank you please :)