• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Millennium Dome London

I loved the actual turning of the year...locally it was a million fireworks all at once, rather drunk on posh stuff with my closest friends, amazing time.
Just the dome seemed to be one big ego massage for Blair and Mandelson.
So cool brittania.
Started the new millennium morning with a puzzling question ...
"Why is there a slice of mushroom on my pillow?"

Bit of a damp squib for me - literally! Was only 13 so spent it in the village with my parents. Some neighbours threw a decent house party but dragged away from it at 11.30 for a special midnight church service - so we trudged across the green in the pouring rain only to stand shivering in an unheated church for half an hour. Then out back into the pouring rain for the most dismal firework display I've ever seen (I'm assuming over half of them refused to fire on account of it being so wet...). A few days into the new millennium I was in bed with the 'flu...

This little goose got to waggle his caboose, as a gosling, in the Millennium Dome on the McDonald's "Our Town Story" stage.

Every Local Education Authority/county in the country was given a day to take over the stage. Students between KS2 - KS5 devised and put together shows to be performed three times during their dedicated day. The shows were often a mixture of music, dance and drama; telling stories about their community.

Some descriptions of the performances have been archived here: - https://www.uktw.co.uk/archive/Eventshow/McDonalds-Our-Town-Story/S0643111896/