• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The "Next Big" Thing

joelpagett

TS Member
Well, unless you have been living under a rock the past few days I am sure you have all realized The Smiler is now marmalising guests. Now, after this huge couple of years of wait and anticipation it has made me realize, this very moment that there is nothing planned or penned as of this moment for any Merlin Parks...If the 3 year cycle is anything to go by then this is what we should expect;

Alton Towers
2014 - Small/live of glory of The Smiler (and why not they spent 18 million on it!)
2015 - Medium
2016 - Large

Chessington
2014 - Small if anything - Dragon Falls & RMT rethemed
2015 - Medium
2016 - Large

Legoland Windsor
2014 - Large as Duplo Valley was classed as a Medium
2015 - Small
2016 - Medium

Thorpe Park
2014 - Medium - following a low year
2015 - Large but apparently this is being pushed until 2016
2016 - Apparently Large

I don't know if it is just me but looking at this makes me a tad sad that we won't see anything huge until potentially 2015. Does anyone else feel a slight depression or is it just me :S

*Sorry if this is in the wrong area! Mod please move if wrong*

Moved this topic to "future"

Towers have already confirmed 2014 is a significant "family" year, there is strong rumour of a re-theme of adventureland/ storybook/ farm that has been posted on the forum already i think.

Well Alton was meant to be another Large year... until planning was withdrawn.

On that note I also wouldn't expect much From Legoland. Seeing as:
2011 - Atlantis- Large
2012 - Hotel - Large
2013 - Duplo Valley - Medium

I'd be very surprised if they followed that up with another Large.