• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Sanctuary Scare Maze - Future Permenant Attraction?

A

Anonymous

After reading some of the reviews of The Sanctuary and seeing as we are getting SW7 next year which is presumably going to interact with this 'MoJ' quite alot I was thinking the other day with theme parks now going for this 'Scare Maze' as a permanent attraction example Thorpe and Garda/Heide Park isit? Could we potentially see a permanent scare maze in X Sector eventually as a filler attraction on a small scale when ever it comes around?

I think it would kind of suit the area and if they keep along the lines as they are doing with Scarefest I think it could be a nice filler attraction with X Sector being classed as that thrill area.

What are your thoughts about this? Is it a potential?

I have a feeling that at the end of the ride when you get off there will be a short scaremaze with a marmilazation scene and I also doubt the scaremaze at scarefest will return after 2013 although in 2014 this could possibly be the second developement that they install that year along with the themed hut acommidation. But it definatly has alot of potential.

i think that there is definitely more to come from the MOJ but i am sure we wont see a scaremaze. We have Sub Terra which kinda offers that .

Maybe some sort of dark ride / 4d cinema style ride

I certainly wouldn’t be expecting The Sanctuary to be evolved into a permanent attraction whatsoever, and would consider such an addition to the park as being almost totally pointless. Granted, it’s easily the better of the two pay scare attractions in the Halloween live-up this year, but these kinds of things always seems to have flopped in the past, and it would be ludicrous of Merlin not to pay attention to this. Saw: Alive, being the prime example was attracting literally zero queues by its second year, and overwhelmingly negative feedback, which implies that there just isn’t the market for scare mazes over the course of a full season; they work better as seasonal additions.

Furthermore the inclusion of a walkthrough segment in this addition would mean that comparisons to Nemesis Sub-Terra (which hopefully will have its scare aspect retained for next season, though I fear otherwise) would be drawn if incorporated more directly into SW7 (ie – a pre or post show). Being an experience attraction, with numerous layers to the experience, the interactive aspect of Sub-Terra adds immensely to the experience, whereas in the case of the new coaster it would simply be regarded as an add-on by the general public.

What I’m trying to say if that The Sanctuary works very well as a scare maze, and very well as a subtle advertisement for Secret Weapon 7, and I feel as though the theme which is established throughout should certainly be expanded upon by the new ride, through queue line videos and subtle references et cetera. But The Sanctuary as an attraction in itself is a definite no-go as a year round thing; it wouldn’t be popular enough and, frankly, it isn’t what’s needed. What X-Sector needs is a nice spruce-up, a new flat rideto replace Submission, and preferably some roaming actors if anything.

Would love to see it return for Scarefest 2013, however!