• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Towers

Sauron97

TS Member
Does anyone have any opinions on what should happen with the Towers building over the years, and I'm talking from the next couple of years, to the extreme long term (2040s-2050s). As I understand it, they are grade 2 listed which makes near or complete restoration an important goal. From my point of view, it would be great to see lighting and electricity installed throughout the building, windows all placed in, heating introduced, and furniture installed. I think having historical 'state rooms' would be nice, and potentially even a nice restaurant around the dining room or long gallery.
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts

I doubt it will ever get fully restored, and I genuinely mean that, look how little has been done in the past 20 years, I doubt we would see it in our lifetime! (Bar it being brought by a history company or something)

I doubt it will ever get fully restored, and I genuinely mean that, look how little has been done in the past 20 years, I doubt we would see it in our lifetime! (Bar it being brought by a history company or something)
That is true yeah. I wonder what kind of money you'd need to plough in to the restoration scheme for full restoration to actually take place...