• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Valleys - Evolution Of A Park

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
My first park to be uploaded to the Workshop – The Valleys. I must say a big thank you to Zakman who created the base for this park and has very kindly allowed me to upload my evolution version of the park. I’m not very good yet at creating buildings so his park offered me a foundation to create an immersive park full of rides and scenery. His original design if you’d like to see the evolution - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=811204601

The Valleys is a sunken compact theme park with 8 rides/attractions (1 kept from the original park – Splash Canyon - the rest my own) and 6 coasters (1 modified – The Caverns - from original park the rest my own) with a beautiful scenic environment. The park is most definitely designed to run at night but still captures the beauty during the day. A lot of time was spent making the park efficient so coasters are designed with throughput in mind and maximising profit. I very much like creating scenic, immersive environments around attractions and also some hidden surprises so be sure to explore. I have kept the beautiful buildings and added some more blueprint ones, my attempts at buildings were the monorail stations and the Magic Garden station, I’m still a beginner, learning and gaining the patience to do more elaborate buildings. lol

The Original Park
4ea67a14_o.jpeg

My evolutionary version
291bf3d4_o.jpeg

442cb1d8_o.jpeg

Here is a rundown of the attractions and coasters in the park

Plaza
b4025a4e_o.jpeg

Canyon Blaster – A Vekoma themed mine train which meanders around the mountain
d21a9b1d_o.jpeg

Hex – Indoor triggered mystery flat ride, exploration required
0640b6ae_o.jpeg

Pendulum – Intamin gyro-swing, tik-tok
12af6980_o.jpeg

Wave Swinger –Chair swing ride for the lil nippers
b85f70d4_o.jpeg

The Invention – Mad mechanical invention
8591a3e1_o.jpeg

Mystic Timbers – Woodie with a twist, a boarder coaster with an indoor themed queue line
885285b7_o.jpeg

Draken – A family dragon coaster with twists and turns along the way
a0b3d5e9_o.jpeg

The Caverns – A dark woodie which traverses the depths of the caverns (up until the second lift was already in the park, I extended the ride after the 2nd lift)
a1c4297a_o.jpeg

Magic Garden – A quant scenic garden with magical twists and turns
785a4bd1_o.jpeg

The Gallows – Can you complete this ‘sentence?’
74f3d072_o.jpeg

Air – B&M Launched wing-rider with near misses and multiple inversions
7e237fa2_o.jpeg

The Hornet – LSM launch coaster which offers a huge ‘buzz’
031fb023_o.jpeg

Barrel Of Laughs – Another one for the lil nippers
1e91c5a0_o.jpeg

Splash Canyon – Hillside rapids ride with tunnels and caves (already in the park)
2ea79210_o.jpeg

There's also a monorail circling the park as well to get from one side to the other along with food, drink and other amenities.

And finally the park - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=970482145

I hope you enjoy The Valleys and I very much welcome any constructive feedback, be gentle with me lol :D

No worries, let me know what you think. :D

I'm going to try a compact Woodie blueprint tonight and attempt a decent station. Kind of like Balder and upload that as well.