• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park blogs

Laura

TS Member
Favourite Ride
blue fire Megacoaster
As the title says - do you have or know of any theme park blogs?

After having to cut out pages from my five minute Ignite talk (which as I post this is tomorrow!) I decided to start a blog for my introspective waffle: http://no-rational-explanation.tumblr.com/

The content will continue to be as (subjectively) cringeworthy as the post I made today so read at your own risk. Does anyone else have anything related I could follow? I love reading stuff like this and however unique and special a snowflake I am, I know I cannot possibly be the only one who thinks like this :p Although I might be one of the few brave enough to say so.

Roller Coaster Philosophy is pretty much the definitive coaster blog.

Bit pretentious, overly serious and anal, but he pulls it off.

Oh dear, you're right that is very serious isn't it? So something like that but with at least some semblance of self-awareness would be good. I thought I was the only one who could make theme parks boring!

I shouldn't really be reading it at work so I'll take a better look later. It looks good though, I've mentioned 'derelict' theming in my Ignite talk also :)

I tried reading Rollercoaster Philosophy for a bit but he just did my head in! It also didn't help that he seems to disagree with me on almost everything which shouldn't be a determining factor, but it's hard to like reading something that opposes your opinion 90% of the time.

It's maybe not strictly a blog but I really miss Coaster Kingdom. It reviewed rides in a format more similar to a film review. It was entertaining, well written and came without the pretentious pseudo-intellectual nonsense of RCP. It was also based in the UK and so had reviews of rides that we know and love. It's really a shame that it just faded away, I'd love to read some in-depth reviews of some of the newer attractions that have popped up in the UK and Europe.

To be fair to RCP, the final paragraph about Rollercoaster at Greater Yarmouth is the single greatest thing ever written about an amusement ride ever, by a fair margin.

I've learnt over the years that no one can sap the fun out of a theme park quite like an enthusiast, so I tend to avoid things like blogs, websites, social network feeds etc. :/